079

•Rona•

"Yum" Lela smiles swallowing the piece of bread she chewed, "more"

Vinnie gives her more bread, "dada more" Lela whispers in the middle of the restaurant.

"can i have lemonade?" Vinnie asks the waiter, "want anything?" He asks me and i shake my head.

"Vinnie" i speak and he wipes his mouth after having a bite of his food.

"who's your dad" i ask and he coughs out loud, "huh" he frowns.

"uhm your dad" i mumble, Vinnie goes silent and stares at his food then at Lela like i never asked.

"okay" i sigh, "i should probably head back" i say standing up after wiping my mouth.

Vinnie doesn't say anything and i nod "thanks for the food" i grab my jacket and leave the restaurant.

ugh

"wanna meet up somewhere?" I ask Mia on the phone, "okay I'll be there in a sec"

"That's sexy" Mia stops in the mall's entrance staring at a dress in a store.

"you should get it"

I have 10 dollars...

"no I don't feel like doing that" "I don't wanna buy more stuff i have enough clothes" i chuckle, that's a lie

"okay do you wanna go to a coffee shop?" Mia smiles and i agree to it.

"I'm not supposed to know stuff about them" Mia sighs, wait

"so uh Alex, Thomas, the rest of the boys" "they all do what Vinnie does?" I widen my eyes.

"yes but Vinnie and Gabriel are higher than them" "then comes a boss" Mia answers.

okay i need to get more information

"what's up with his parents?" "His mom always seems worried" i ask

"I don't know anything about his parents" "I'm sure Gabby and Alex know" Mia sighs sipping from her drink.

"I've known Vinnie for about 4 years now" "but i know like zero info about him" "Thomas doesn't tell me anything"

"i heard him talk to Alex" "him, Vinnie and Gabriel are going to the warehouse tonight"

Oh really

"like all i know he's really protective and always an angry guy that hates talking to anyone"

"but why does he talk to me?" I frown tilting my head and Mia smiles "he probably has feelings for you"

"we've never seen him out other than the club" "he never liked going to restaurants" "or walks" "or a lake!" Mia chuckles and i blush.

Does he?

i don't know

"I don't think he does" "i mean he knows all the hot girls" "why my dumbass" "I'm so basic" i chuckle sipping from my orange juice.

"you're like the hottest girl ever with an amazing personality" Mia nudges me making me smile.

~~

"uh oh" "are you in trouble?" Mia whispers looking behind me and i frown turning around.

"let's go" Vinnie's deep voice says with an angry expression across his face.

"what why?" I frown, "get up now let's go" Vinnie insists.

"what about Mi-"

"Thomas is waiting for you outside" Vinnie says not looking at Mia.

He walks out the coffee shop and i give Mia a small hug before quickly following him "bye Mi"

I walk fast to Vinnie's car looking at the dark sky, he gets in the driver's seat and i walk to the other side.

"i was having f-"

"open your phone" Vinnie says and i take it out opening it.

Shit

17 missed calls and 20 text messages from Vinnie, 5 missed calls from Alex and 7 missed calls from Vector.

This is gonna be

a night

"i looked everywhere for you" Vinnie says and i can sense the anger in his voice.

"why would you and Mia" "fucking both!" "Mute your phones!"

"I'm sorry" "I forgot to unmute it when i left" i whisper.

"your brother is crying" "he thought Gabe got to you!" Vinnie shouts and i gulp.

"but you got rid-"

"he isn't in school" "he's somewhere in London" "so you're not fucking safe Verona!" "Not fucking at all!"

how

"it's not just Gabe" "there's people fucking after you" he clenches his jaw and fists, he parks infront of the boarding house.

What?!

"go to Vector" "if you leave Verona" "i swear to god" Vinnie shuts his eyes and i nod.

He's going to the warehouse

"okay I won't" i say looking at Vinnie, "can you not be mad" "please just for once" i whisper.

"leave come on don't waste my time Verona"

"okay but give me a kiss" i sigh and he shakes his head, "i swear I'll leave right now" i mumble.

Vinnie clenches his jaw tightly hesitating before pecking my lips "better? Now go to Vector"

"One more" i shake my head and Vinnie glares at me, he pecks my lips a little longer and pulls away.

I grab his face and give him one last kiss before opening the door.

"Much better" i smile and climb out my seat going to the stairs.

Who the fuck is after me?!

"20x" I answer, "good" the teacher replies through the zoom call.

"Verona why isn't Vector in class?" My math teacher asks.

"he's sick" i answer looking at Vector playing video games on the tv.

~~

After finishing my math and bio classes i close my laptop and put my books and notebooks away.

I'm really bored right now, let me check on Vinnie

I call Vinnie's phone twice but he didn't respond so i go to text him.

Verona:)
hi Vinnie
you okay?
when are you coming back?

Vinnie:))
it's Gabriel
again
Vinnie might not be back
For this whole week
Read at 3:24pm

~~
vote and comment!!

🕊