Chapter 105 (Anthony)

Comenzar desde el principio

Lexi turned entirely defensive. Her shoulders stiffened up and her demeanor was standoffish now. "I don't believe you. You're trying to get in my head right now. Why?" She wouldn't accept his answers. Andrei rolled his eyes, took out his phone, and checked the screen.

"This is getting old" he deflected now.

"How long have you known things about me? Were you the one that found me after my mother died?" She questioned him. I think for a split second I saw this uncomfortable expression flit across Andrei's face. What was that? What is he hiding?

"Thanks for the coffee, Rizzo" Andrei tipped his head at me and walked past his sister. She pinched the back of his shirt to stop him in place. He was in a black fitted tee like the ones I usually wear.

Andrei flicked her hand away, but waited for whatever she hadda say. "Answer that question" Lexi's tone turned deadly serious. "How would I have known where you were?" He rolled his eyes at her. She looked him up and down, studying him.

"Rehashing the past is just about as fun as plucking an eye out. I think I'll go off and do the second one instead" was his last sarcastic comment before he walked out our front door.

Lexi looked upset. She looked bothered in a way I didn't know how to help with. All I could do was offer her my presence. I lifted my arms to show her she could come hug me now. I could practically hear the wheels turning in her head.

"He knew everything. I can't believe he knew about you and me before the sit down. I can't believe he didn't fuck me over and say something about it...what spies, Anthony?" She asked me a question I couldn't answer.

"Anthony, I can't explain why or how I know this, but I just have this awful feeling that there is a lot more to my story than what I already know...what I Thought I knew" she practically shivered.

I think I did know what she meant though. When she'd called out Andrei I saw that same flicker of an expression that showed hesitance in a way I've never seen Andrei Petrov before. Like maybe he was holding back some pretty important secrets. And for Lexi's sake I'm gonna ask around.

-

Since Dom is a dick I decided to ask Elio if he'd do me a solid and get his super sonic military buddies to dig into something for me. He asked why and I told him the truth of it. Elio's an alright guy. I trusted him with this. And like an alright guy, he agreed he'd ask some buddies to look into some things.

Lexi was found three almost four years ago after her mother died. I know who the Petrov men have in their pocket in Boston because our expansion has everything to do with it. So I know the big players in the Boston game. Waldren, Wilde, and the Bishop brothers.

        I got intel on Waldren's connection to the Russian's and just about how long they'd been allies. Those guys are less mobsters and more so gangsters. Their operations ran on a smaller scale. But Elio's guy did find flight records for the private landing strip where private planes come and go from.

A man of organized crime likes the least paper trail he can manage. They'd be coming and going through there. Since we're mobsters and not the feds, my guy got intel a lot easier than a stupid cop could.

I know the Petrov plane registery because we've set up flights for them here in New York. About four years ago is about as far back as Elio's guy could find records of them working in Boston. I don't care about that. I just needed to know that Andrei was in America before Lexi was even found.

I would've just asked Andrei the question if I didn't think I would raise his suspicion. After that heated conversation at my place I knew he would read into any question I asked. And I'm not on good terms with Dmitriy and Vitaly after what transpired the other day.