Chapter 65 (Lexi)

Well my hair is brushed. I tied it up with a pretty bow on top and everything. I just threw on the dark slip dress I'd worn the first time I went out with Anthony, not that I think he'd remember that. I didn't bother with shoes.

Vitaly made us all stand together as one big happy family while receiving the Rizzo's at the front door. Not that my father touched the door handle himself. He made Magdalena open the door, but we stood pretty right beside it. 

When I say 'Rizzo family' what I mean is Mr & Mrs Rizzo, Enzo, Giana, baby Matteo, and Anthony. Full house tonight. Good thing we have an unnecessarily elongated dining room table.

        "Thank you for having us, Mr. Petrov," Mr. Rizzo went to shake my fathers hand. "No formalities tonight. Please, call me Vitaly," my father bullshitted. The other men all started shaking hands amongst themselves. I just stood there until it all concluded. Dmitriy nudged me and tipped his chin to Mrs. Rizzo.

"Oh, uh, hello Mrs. Rizzo, come on in," I waved for her to follow us down the hall to the parlor we take guests in. Or the room I assume my father envisioned taking guests too when he decided to buy this house in America. 

I gave Giana a short wave in acknowledgement and peeked at the kid in her arms. "The cheeks," was all I said. He's cute. "Where can I feed him?" Giana asked me in a low voice. I realized she meant breastfeeding so I told the men to excuse us for a minute.

        My eyes had gone to Anthony first thing. I knew what he was wearing from head to toe and yet I acted like I didn't even notice him. I wouldn't make eye contact. Neither would he when we have this many family members around.

He's in a black button down with the sleeves rolled up, which makes his forearms look really good. The expensive watch on his wrist also looks sexy for no good reason. His hair is combed and he smells delicious. 

I know his scent over everyone else's. I've smelt it on his flesh. It's rubbed onto my own flesh before. I know the smell. He's tall, and handsome, and I didn't once look at my future husband. Ask me what shirt he's wearing. I haven't a clue.

        "In here" I directed Giana to my bedroom. "Nobody will come in here," I assured her. I motioned to turn and walk out but she asked. "Is this your room?" Looking around curiously. "Uh, sorta" I shrugged. She looked back at me from the bench at the end of my bed that she was starting to sit down on. "What do you mean?"

"Well, none of this shit is mine. It came with the house. I had my own apartment, but my brother was sure to clear that out for me" I said the last part sarcastically. Giana seemed to be looking a little too close at me. I didn't like the inquiry behind her eyes.

She pulled up baby Matteo and just popped her breast right out. I guess she isn't shy. Neither am I, so I didn't flinch away. Breastfeeding is natural. And I know what a tit looks like. 

        "I have a question, but it'll come off rude no matter how I word it" she informed me. "Well then," I waved for her to just go ahead with it. She got Matteo to latch and then she settled, looking up at me lingering in the middle of my own bedroom.

"Why do you let them control you? You don't seem like the type, but I mean they totally have you by the metaphorical balls," Giana didn't hold back. I snorted. "Well Giana, you of all people should know what it's like to have a powerful father who can be a downright prick" I told her.

"Excuse me?!" She gaped in offense.

"When you got pregnant he sent you away. You told me that yourself. It was a dick move and it wasn't your own decision" I called her out. Her scowl told me she didn't like the truth telling.