Chapter 96 (Lexi)

It was our last day on the island. I didn't think it was possible, but even I had a tan. A nice sun kissed color. I had a netted bag slung across my shoulder, while we rode our bikes down to the local fruit stand where they sell fresh tropical fruits all day long. I'd rather support the local businesses than the chain resorts.

I had a sun hat on because the sun was very strong today, my hair was loose in messy beach waves, and my cheeks were pink with the heat. 

The wind felt nice when we rode our bikes down the hillier parts. Beside me Anthony was shirtless as he's been most of our time here. He had sunglasses, and his skin looked flawless while this tan and taut.

        "Good morning" I greeted the man who ran the fruit stand when we pulled up. I got off the bike and got to sniffing all the fruit. You can smell freshness. It was great. I'd shove them under Anthony's nose, and he'd humor me and take a whiff. 

The man from the stand, whose name I wouldn't know how to spell, would let us take little sample bites to test its taste, and it never failed to impress me. Everything was delicious.

"It's our last day," I told the man. I felt Anthony's hand pressing against my lower back as he handed the man the money while I bagged the fruit.  "Oh, too bad. You come again soon. Every year" the man teased us. I laughed. "I think I agree with you" I peeked up at Anthony to see what he'd say. 

I know this trip was expensive as fuck, but if I could afford it I would come every year. It's got a little bit of everything a person would need. It's a place to unplug. No tall ugly buildings or city smells or noise. The noisiest thing here is the ocean, and maybe the mountain's birds if you're hiking.

        "I rarely ever took vacations before this...but if it's like this every time, I think it should be annual" Anthony winked at me. We've lost count on how much sex we've been having. In bed, in the shower, across the counter, by the ocean in the middle of the night, up high in the mountains where we were the only people for miles.

If we could logistically fuck on a bike we would've by now.

        "Let's go say goodbye to our spot" Anthony suggested when we got on our bikes. Yes, within ten days we've found a spot we deem 'ours'. It's like an alcove with sparkling waters and a rocky cliffside where the water runs down. 

It's sort of in the middle of nowhere, so I don't think it's well known. We found it on a fluke when we got lost on day one. I'm sure the locals keep it a prized secret and we will too.

        We rode down to the alcove and ate our fruit on the cliffside before jumping into the waters to cool down. On the shadier side of this water spring it's cooler and more satisfying against the island's heat. 

We swam around, and when I got tired of that I wrapped my arms around Anthony's neck and we floated for a little while. The quiet can be a comfort in the right company.

        "Lexi, where will you go when we land tomorrow?" He suddenly asked me. I looked at him, and with this added tan his eyes have never looked more hazel. I knew what he meant. I am married now, so I don't have to live at the Petrov mansion, but we don't move into the new apartment for another few days. 

I wasn't sure what to say and in my hesitation he added, "Stay with me."

With his large hands he smoothed my wet hair back, and brought them down to my waist, so he could lift me onto the dock that jetted out into this spring we were still swimming in. When I sat he pulled himself up beside me and pulled my legs over his lap.