Chapter 103 (Anthony)

Start from the beginning

Vitaly completely lost his top, and suddenly he was swinging, slapping Lexi across the face with enough force to snap her head in the opposite direction.

I can't remember a time where I was more livid than this. Something feral came over me. I lost all rhyme or reason, and next thing I knew I was running straight at Vitaly. I could see the shock on Lexi's face as she held her palm to her reddened cheek. I also heard the heavy boots running up behind me as I lunged for the Russian Bratva boss.

        First it was one of their goons to quickly try to guard his boss, and behind me was Andrei. Fists weren't enough for me. There were three of them and one of me. I reached around my back for my gun, and I swear to god I think I would've killed one of them if not for Lexi shouting no, trying to step in the middle of us.

I didn't know who she was protecting here. All I know is she grabbed my wrist and shook her head no, not to draw my gun. If I did we'd have a wild west shoot out right here on a busy New York City sidewalk. It's little Italy, people mostly know who we are. Doesn't mean we have gun fights in the streets. Not to mention the mob war to follow in response to my actions.

        By this time, Domani and Alessandro were out here too. I was pissed that they were trying to stop me, to pull me away. Vitaly had just put his hands on Lexi and no one was fucking doing anything about it. I wanted to grab his neck and choke the life outta him. I wanted to mount him and punch his old face until he was unrecognizable.

Dmitriy started waving his hands around saying shit to his father and shouting things at his sister. When I saw Vitaly step forward with a deadly glare I thought I'd see Lexi being hit again. I was ready to buck out of their hold like a raging bull.

I'd already been screaming out, "Don't fucking touch her. I'll end you." Ale was trying to cover my mouth, telling me to hush in my ear.

When Vitaly took his threatening step I was surprised when a different body stepped in his way. Andrei, the biggest of them, pulled his sister behind him and stood there with a proud chest, just waiting for his father to try something. Vitaly was belligerent.

Dmitriy saw his brother's now protective and threatening stance and he intervened, wrangling in his father as best he could. Lexi stood there in shock. I don't think she expected that from Andrei either.

        "You're gonna get yourself killed" Ale kept telling me, trying to shush me.

Dom shook me telling me he'd kill me himself if I started a war. "She's not your problem" he dared tell me. "She's my wife," I hissed. Dom rolled his jaw. "In name" he tried reminding me. Now my anger was directed towards my own boss.

"You brought this into her life when you agreed to the fucking Russians business proposal" I almost shoved him too. Alessandro was holding me for that very reason.

"If not us, who do you think they'd sell her off to? Huh? You think Lexi would've been off the hook? They'd have sold her to the next best ally, and who knows what slime ball would've gotten her. This doesn't fall on me" he shouted back at me.

        Vitaly and Dmitriy were already being escorted away by their goon bodyguards. Andrei hesitated between following after them or staying with his sister. That was all happening in the background of our new argument between us Italians.

Andrei decided to follow his father and brother leaving Lexi standing there alone. That's the only reason I stopped fighting. I wanted to get to her. Dom huffed and straightened out his suit when I pulled back. Alessandro blew out a sigh of relief.

I quickly went to Lexi and it only infuriated me more when I saw the red mark on her cheek bone. "Are you alright?" I pulled her against me and held her there. "I hate him" Lexi shouted, but it was muffled by my chest. She pulled away from me and balled her fists, glaring down the street her family was no longer walking down.