For the first time in his life, Draco Malfoy genuinely hoped to be forgiven by a muggle. He wasn't sure how, he wasn't sure when, but he had found a friend in Y/N in this muggle world.

Draco had an uneasy sleep that night. Every time he closed his eyes, Y/N's hurt face would come to mind. He spent the entire night in that guilt. He promised himself to make things right the next day.

The next day, Draco made it early to school. He had made up his mind to apologise to Y/N. The only thing he was concerned about was meeting her. What if she resisted him from speaking like she did yesterday? Draco couldn't afford to lose his temper this time.

He was seated in class, with a few students here and there. The girls seemed to be staying away from him, and Darco wondered if Aria had warned them to back off too. He was pretty sure she'd do something like that. He was convinced that she hated Y/N and might have tried to scare her too.

Fierce girl. She isn't worried even about Aria.

Draco found himself smiling at the thought. He was growing to suspect how he felt about Y/N. She was definitely changing him here, and Draco didn't know if this change was good. How much could he trust a muggle? And yet, Draco wanted to believe Y/N. He wanted her to be different from girls like Aria, and he could notice that she was.

The students began to fill up the empty places in the class, and still, there was no sign of Y/N. Draco was afraid that she would take leave. In that case, he might have to find another way to meet her.

"Draco!" Draco heard the familiar voice. He was surprised at how sober Aria sounded in comparison to last night.

Draco faced her excited face with a non-interested face. "What do you want?" he wanted to signal to her.

"Last night you just... disappeared," Aria said, "Where did you go?"

"I had some important work to do," Draco replied.

"More important than me?" Aria touched Draco's shoulder in a flirtatious way.

"Yes," Draco said and removed her hand.

"Is something wrong, Draco?" Aria asked, acting cute. "Are you mad that I tried to kiss you?"

Draco sighed. The last person he wanted to talk about it was Aria. He needed to find a way so he could escape from this conversation.

Upon getting no answer from Draco, Aria spoke again, "I know you're angry. Let me make it up to you. Let's go to the nearby cafe after school?"

Draco rolled his eyes. He didn't want to spend another word on Aria. From the corner of his eyes, he saw her taking the only seat beside him.

Oh, hell no.

"That seat is taken," Draco said as fast as he could.

"By whom?" Aria asked.

Draco was silent for a moment. His eyes wandered behind Aria. Suddenly, Y/N entered the class, and Draco spoke her name.

"Y/N?" Aria asked. "It's okay. She'll sit somewhere else." Aria prepared herself to sit.

"Y/N!" Draco called without thinking. Y/N instantly turned her head to see him. Her neutral expression was replaced by a tired one. She pretended not to have heard him and kept walking.

Aria sat beside Draco and tried to touch him again. But this time, Draco snapped. He had had enough of this muggle. Initially, he was polite, but now he couldn't take it anymore.

"Don't you understand?" Draco said almost rudely. "Do not sit beside me. I repeat. DO. NOT. SIT. NEAR. ME."

Aria looked intimidated by Draco's words. She gulped, grabbed her bag and walked toward the other corner of the class. She strode past Y/N and took the only remaining chair in the class except for the one beside Draco.

Draco could see Y/N stopping in her tracks before rolling her eyes. She was clearly furious. Now she had no choice but to sit beside Draco.

Draco smirked as Y/N plopped herself in the chair. He knew it was against her will, but it would benefit him. Now, the only thing he had to do was — to find a way to speak to her, convince her to talk to him and apologise to her.

Unfortunately for Draco, Prof. Michael did not spare him a second of silence where he could get Y/N's attention. Although Draco kept watching her the entire class, and Y/N did too, they couldn't converse as Draco had intended.

The bell rang, and the professor walked out of the class. The students began to disperse. Y/N also stood up to leave, but Draco held her by her wrist.

The first thing she did was give Draco a long, expressionless stare as if asking him the reason for his impudence.

"We need to talk," Draco said, and it sounded more like an order than a request.

"I'm sorry?" Y/N said. "I think you're mistaken. I don't want to talk about anything with you."

She almost freed her hand when Draco held it tight, not letting her go.

"What do you want?" Y/N asked.

"Please," Draco said.

"Okay, fine," Y/N said. She turned toward him. "Say what you want to say and free me, once and for all."

Draco took note of his surroundings. A few students were still hanging out in the class. He wasn't sure if he could talk with these muggles, possibly eavesdropping on them.

"Can we talk somewhere more private?" Draco asked. Y/N sighed.

Y/N's POV

I took Draco to the most secluded space in the school, also known as the couple's spot — famous for being used by couples to make out. Draco and I weren't here for that, but if there was a place where no one could know about us or hear us talking, it was here. The best part was — the room could be locked from the inside, and the others would know it was busy. The school authorities were aware of it but turned a deaf ear.

Now, as I locked the door and faced Draco, I wondered what the thing was that Draco was so desperate to tell me. I raised my brows at him, suggesting he speak as I crossed my arms on my chest.

"You were right," Draco said and confused me for a moment.

"About?" I asked.

"About Aria," he replied.

I gasped. I hadn't expected Draco to learn the truth so quickly.

"How did you... how did you find out?" I asked.

"It was my maid," Draco said. "Ms Zaider informed me about Aria exchanging the boxes after you left."

Zaider? Wasn't that his cat's name?

"Wow!" I said. "I cannot believe this."

"I even got a confession from her," Draco said.

This sentence surprised me more than I was.

"How?" I asked.

"Later," Draco said. "First, I want you to know I didn't kiss Aria."

The scene from last night flashed before my eyes again. And it hurt again.

"Draco," I sighed. "I saw you two..."

"What you saw," Draco interrupted, "was Aria leaning on me. Did you see our lips meet?"

I shook my head. I hadn't seen that, had I? Could that mean that Draco was speaking the truth?

"That's because I pushed her away," he said. "All that flirting and date with her was just an act to get out the confession from her. None of it was real."

I nodded and slowly asked, "Why are you telling me this?"

Draco scoffed, almost chuckled.

"Are you saying it didn't hurt you, seeing Aria and me together?"

I shook my head without looking at him. I didn't know whom I was lying to. The pain was written all across my face last night.

"You're not very good at lying, muggle," Draco said as if he caught me thinking it. He went silent for a moment too. We stayed like that for a while, looking at each other and then sideways, until Draco spoke.

"Would you like to go on a drive with me tonight?"