His eyes widened, but it was brief, for they narrowed into a dangerous slit at Solomon. "Wha'?"

Solomon shook his head. "Don't act like you nuh know wha' me talking about."

Baxton crossed his arms over his chest and hardened his face. "Be more accurate."

"Amber, Amber Edginton. That ring a bell."

His lips curved up and came down just as quickly. "Yeah, I know my ex-wife."

Solomon shifted his jaw as his irritation showed. "And you knew that and said nothing to me?" 

Compared to him, if Baxton harbored any emotion, he never showed an ounce. "Life that."

"Come on, man. You expect me to believe that. Took me under your wing and all these things and working the daylight out of me, for what?" He probably raised his voice too much near the end.

Baxton's head tilted. "Then you expected to be fired? Is that it? I was different. I thought, cool, let me help out this man. That's how I saw it. You're welcome."

Being fired would have sucked, that was for sure. Solomon almost appreciated the good deed, but he could tell, Rohan was used to exploiting good deeds against people. It was like a person that reminded someone of the past and never let them forget it.

"Don't take me for an idiot. Me a man just like you. Me know what you're doing."

Rohan cut his eyes and rocked his head. "What am I doing?"

Solomon sighed. "Not sure… but you need to stop."

"She tell you that?" His eyebrows raised.

Solomon paused his parted lips as he turned around the warehouse's second building.

Rohan chuckled at his hesitation. "Fi a big rascloth man, you let her twist you around her little fingers."

Solomon wanted to see what Rohan would say if Solomon talked to him. The arrogance seeped out of Rohan's performance and Solomon started to see the real Rohan.

Solomon's jawline clenched as his eyes shifted away in anxiety. "I like being her whore."

Rohan's face got flustered from the bluntness of the words. "The…?"

Solomon met Rohan's eyes with some difficulty. "It's nice to be there for her. You? Don't talk 'bout her. Me and you a talk. So how me get dragged into this? That me a ask."

"You don't tell me what to do. I'm your boss, understand? And if you want to shack up with that butu of a hyena whose butt you kissing, you can."

Solomon's fingers tightened on the steering wheel until his bones creaked. "It's good when you kiss it. I'm sure you've tried it before."

Rohan's hand grasped his face. "Brother, you a make the woman take you for fool eno? You nuh realize that? I was the one making sure you could get money fi feed her rass. At least that's what you think. Bet you didn't know, she never tell you, didn't she? She loaded man. When our divorce was dissolved. She take twenty million and a walk off with that. All now, she don't cut you a piece? Doing all this work? Rough."