Part 5 Chapter 12 The Topa Affair

Start from the beginning

All of the forts were still equipped with modified ballistae. The change is where the tip of the arrow is attached to an explosive stick.

Almost all of the machine guns that the Myto Empire gave to the Topa Kingdom were in Tormis City and Doors of the World.

---oOo---

One day, before noon.

Gai, a soldier who was originally a swordsman, is guarding the walls of the Door of the World with his childhood friend Knight Moah.

"Nnnaaa... so sleepy. I wanna lie down..." Gai yawned.

"Come now, the task of monitoring Grameus is imperative for the survival of both humans and demihumans," his friend, the knight Moah, warned him.

The swordsman Gai hung his head. This was his daily life. From the north of the wall all the way to Grameus, there was short grass, so there was a lot of visibility. In this season, the grass was a deep green, so the entire northern part of the continent was filled with fields of emerald. Birds sing and butterflies flutter around. Nothing else would happen today, and they'd soon be relieved of their duties.

Right as Moah and Gai each thought this...

VOOOOOOO... VOOOOOOO......

They heard something... something repulsive.

"What was that?!" ask Gai

"Huh?! The ground over there... it's turning black!" Moah yelled as he looked through a telescope towards Grameus. "Those... those are goblins!!! The ground is completely covered in them, and they're headed this way!!! Ah! orcs! There are orcs too! There are... there are over a thousand enemies!!!"

Behind the swarm, they could make out the silhouettes of two giant demons, even bigger than orcs.

"Wh... what?! It couldn't be... those are the Red Ogre and the Blue Ogre!!! Why are those legendary beasts here?!"

Behind those two ogres, there was a red land dragon that was about three times larger than the Papaldia Empire's land dragons. On top of that dragon sat an ogre-sized beast. Moah had once read some ancient records in the archives, and he was now reminded of the contents of those records.

"Th... th... th... that's the Scarlet Dragon, and the Demon Lord Nosgoorah!!!"

Just then, the alarm began to sound on the defensive wall. All the soldiers ran to their respective posts. In many places, the barrels of machine guns began to appear on the defensive walls.

Just then, the knight captain, the leader of the troops on the wall, relayed a report to Tormis over the radio. The report stated that there were around twenty thousand goblins, two thousand goblin lords, and two hundred ogres. After that, the captain knight went straight to the main control room to detonate the explosives that had been planted. In addition, he ordered that all trucks be prepared for the evacuation of the walls if needed.

.

.

.

Tormis City
Command Center

"What's the situation?!" asked the garrison commander.

"Sir! As stated in the communications, there are so many demons invading from Grameus that we couldn't even see the ground!!! There are twenty thousand goblins, two thousand goblin lords, and two hundred ogres, and, based on descriptions I had read in the royal archives about legendary beasts, I also confirmed the Red Ogre and the Blue Ogre, as well as the Demon Lord Nosgoorah riding a red dragon!!!" replied one of the officers.