𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍

"Jake are you almost done?" Bhavika asked and watched as Natalie ran around in circles. Luca babbled in her arms and played with her hair.

"Yes darlin'. Miles, Emmy come on." He voice trailed down the stairs.

"Mama." Natalie tugged on the hem of her beach coverup and Bhavika crouched down.

"Yes thoda pheeniks?" The three year old looked at her mother.

"Can we get ice cream?" Bhavika chuckled and kissed her daughters forehead. "You'll have to ask your dad."

"Daddy?!" She yelled and Bhavika swore Jake came running down the stairs faster.

"Yes Natty?" She giggled and jumped into his arms. "Mama said I have to ask you if we can get ice cream."

"Oh did she now?" Jake smirked and looks at Bhavika who just shrugged.

"Come on thoda koyot." She whispered to the one year old in her arms. "Let's go find your brother and sister."

"Miles, Emmy?" She called out to her two oldest children. "Chhota Keeda, thodee dhoop?"

"Mama I need help." Emmy called out.

"I'm coming." She walked into the five year olds room and was met with the sight of some very lopsided braids. "Do you want me to fix your hair?" Emmy nodded. "Miles!" She yelled again and the seven year old ran into his sister's room. "Hold your brother for me?"

"Okay mama. Hi Luc." He smiled and Bhavika grinned. Miles loved his little brother and took any chance to play with him. She watched him play with Luca through the mirror as she fixed Emerson's hair.

Jake and Natalie soon joined the party in Emmy's room, so the entire Patel-Seresin household was in one room.

"Hey there what are we doing in here?" Jake said and set Natalie on the floor and she plopped down to watch Bhavika braid Emmy's hair.

"Emmy needed help with her hair and I can't hold Luca while doing that. So I called in Miles and now all of us are in here." Bhavika's hands worked down the long curls of Emmy's hair.

"Mama can you do my hair too?" Natalie asked her with massive puppy dog eyes.

"Yes thoda pheeniks just sit over there and I'll do your hair as soon I'm done with Emmy's." Natalie nodded and sat on the stool next to her older sister and watched her get her hair done.

Each of their children had a special nickname in Hindi. Miles was chhota keeda or little bug, because was a squirmy baby for the first 18 months of his life. Emmy was thodee dhoop, or little sun, she was the epitome of a sunshine and if she wasn't smiling something was very wrong. Natalie was
thoda pheeniks or little phoenix, just like her namesake both Bhavika and Jake knew that she wanted to be just like her Auntie Natasha. Then finally Luca was thoda koyot or little coyote, he was very attached to his Uncle Javy and Aunt Cassie. The two always called him their honorary child.

She finished both of her daughters hair and the two got the rest of their children down the stairs and into the SUV parked in their garage. With this day off that the both Bhavika and Jake had they decided to finally take their kids to the beach for the first time in a while.