𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗. 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎

Bhavika couldn't sleep that night, so she was going to be clawing her way through this wedding on three hours of sleep and two RedBull's which she had chugged before heading out to the Haldi. She put on a yellow jumpsuit and braided her hair down her back.

She knocked on Jake's door signaling it was time to go, and he stepped out wearing a white button down, and tan slacks. They walked silently down the hall and were even quiet in the elevator. Neither of them could think of what to say.

They came to an outside courtyard area, were the Haldi was being held. There was already talking and music playing.

"Let's begin!" Her mother commenced the Haldi.

Bhavika went first and grabbed a scoop of Haldi in her hand, she rubbed it around in her hands before spreading it on Shalene's face. Rohan went next spreading some on her arms.

The process, continued until both Shalene and Kiaan were covered in the yellow paste. The photographer got some photos of Kiaan putting Haldi on his younger brother and a few of his cousins too. Shalene snuck up behind Bhavika and scared her.

"My goodness Lene, you scared me." She clutched her heart.

Lene chuckled, "Come closer."

Bhavika stepped closer and Lene spread the Haldi on her face. She smiled at the cold sensation. Lene leaned into her ear.

"You found the right person, you just have to make a move." Bhavika looked over her shoulder a Jake who was standing off to the side. "You need to talk to him eventually."

"I will, I promise." She looked back at her sister.

"Good, now we have to go get ready."

The Haldi ended and the group dispersed. Bhavika went with her sister and the rest of the bridesmaids, while Jake went back to his room.

The whole rest of the day was planned to perfection. The makeup artist and hair stylist were in the suite when the bridal party arrived. Shalene was immediately shuffled away.

Hair, makeup and getting dressed took 3 hours. Bhavika had gotten ready an hour into the three that it took Shalene, yet she still waited a while after.

They had been taken out to the courtyard for pictures and for Kiaan and Shalene to have their first look. They took pictures as a family and with the different parties. Bhavika helped hide Shalene away for Kiaan's Baraat procession.

She left Shalene with another bridesmaid and met with her family at the end of the procession to perform the Milni. Kiaan got off his horse and the Patel's made a 'wall' before the mandap. All of her male cousins and her brother tackled Kiaan trying to take his shoes, commencing the Joota Chupai a fun jovial tradition.

They successfully nabbed his shoes and hid them. Kiaan walked onto the mandap finally and her mother applied tilak and performed aarti to rid him of the evil eye. Then everyone prepared for the grande bridal entrance. Bhavika joined the bridesmaids as they walked to the mandap lead by Shalene and her mother's brother, their uncle Aagam. She finally reached the mandap, the ceremony had begun.

The couple began to exchange garlands of roses, orchids, carnations and marigolds. Shalene went first but the grooms side tried to fight her off, the crowd loved it. She got it around his neck and he did the same for her.