𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛. 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

Javy ran through the hallway to Jake's room. He pushed open the door.

"Go away Javy." Jake grumbled.

"They found her."

"What?" Jake said and looked up at Javy.

"They found her, she's in the operation room now." Jake stood up quickly and ran in front of Javy.

Phoenix and Halo were following Bob. The group of them ran to the operation room. They pushed open the double doors.

"Where is she?" Jake asked.

"She's inside." Maverick pointed to the window in front of them.

There was a team of doctors in the room, running around frantically and one commanding doctor shouting orders.

"She's flatlining! Get the paddles." One of the other doctors grabbed the paddles and placed them on Bhavika's chest. They shocked her and her heart regained a steady pace.

"Admiral, Captain we must ask everyone to leave. For the privacy of our patient." A nurse motioned to the group of twelve aviators behind them.

"Thank you, everyone move out." Speed ushered them all out.

The group of them sat in the control room, waiting for some news from the doctors. Callie and Natasha were huddled next to each other, Bob was sitting next to them softly reassuring the two women. Speed was talking intently with Maverick. Javy sat next to Jake and comforting hand on his shoulder.

They waited for hours.

"Guys go eat." Maverick urged them. "She will be here when you get back. Now go."

They all silently obliged and went to the mess hall. Nobody could stomach anything, it just felt wrong. They were all falling apart.

Maverick opened the door to Speed's office. He leaned against the door looking at his friend who was clearly shaken up.

"Cori, you can't resign." He tried to reason with her.

"I don't need you to tell me meaningless things Pete. I'm not fit to be a mission leader, the last mission I lead on of my pilots died and now it's happening again." She shook her head in frustration.

"That doesn't mean you are a bad leader, these missions are dangerous all of these kids know that they are. It's what they signed up for. Siren isn't dead either." He tried again but her only made it worse.

"Well she's not exactly alive either!" Speed screamed and put her head in her hands. Her shoulders shook as angry tears welled in her eyes. "I'm going to resign. I'm going to go back to my children and grandchildren, you cannot change my mind."

"Corrine I can't make you change your mind, but if you believe that it is the best for you. Then that's what you should do." Pete gave up there was no use in trying to persuade her to not leave. So he accepted it, Admiral Corrine "Speed" Ford would hand in her resignation papers and leave the Navy forever.

There was a knock on the door and Maverick opened it, "Ma'am Dr. Chen would like to speak with you and Captain Mitchell."

The two followed the nurse to the operation room. They saw a team rolling Bhavika's body into a different room.