𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

The house was finally peaceful.

Bhavika and Shalene were happy again, they were smiling and laughing again. Bhavika finally felt safe in her own home.

"Bhavika come on!" Shalene laughed as she saw Bhavika rolling by at the speed of light. "We are going to be late."

"Yes I know that!" Bhavika huffed and finally found her phone. "Got it. Okay I'm ready to go."

"Let's get you in the car." Shalene said walking after her to the car.

She helped fold up her wheelchair and got into the front seat. "To PT we go."

"To PT." Bhavika agreed and they started the drive.

So far Bhavika had been making excellent progress, Dr. Jacobson even said she would possibly even get out of her wheelchair. Shalene pulled into the physical therapy parking lot and helped her into her wheelchair.

"Lieutenant Patel punctual as always." The receptionist smiled. "Sign in here and then head down the hallway and to the left Dr. Jacobson is waiting for you."

Bhavika signed her name in the book and waved to Shalene as she rolled down the hallway, and into the room where Dr. Jacobson was waiting for her. She knocked on the door.

"Bhavika, come on in." Dr. Jacobson opened the door wider for her.

She wheeled herself into the room and he shut the door. "What's the game plan Doc?"

"Well, we'll do our normal exercises and then I want to stand again. If you stand for at least two or three minutes then I want to try walking. If that goes well, I think it might be time for you to trade out the wheels for some crutches." Bhavika was giddy with joy.

"Your not joking with me are you?" And he shook his head.

"I'm completely serious. Now come on let's get to work."

They did their normal routine list of exercises. She had strengthened up her muscles and was beginning to fell more confident about being able to walk again. Her process had taken longer than most had, due to her being in a coma for 5 years and also going into that coma with two broken legs. But, slowly but surely she was improving greatly and today was just the beginning of her improvement finally showing. Bhavika tried her very hardest in each of the exercises to make sure she was ready to prove she was ready to walk again.

"Amazing work. Now let's test your standing strength." He helped her up and brought her to the barres.

Bhavika grabbed the barres and planted her feet on the ground, like she had done many times before.

"Timer is starting now." Dr. Jacobson informed her.

Bhavika stood her ground.

Time seemed slower as she stood there. She looked at the ground as she waited.

"That's a minute."

There was a window to the outside of the office, and she watched as birds flew around making intricate movements and the air.

"Minute number two. Try and take your hands off the barre." He suggested and she loosened her grip, bring her hands to her sides.