𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘. 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝

Jake was going to the Hard Deck when he saw her.

She was with her sister heading towards the pier.

Bhavika looked as beautiful as ever. He wasn't sure that it was her at first. But, the moment he got a closer look at her face he knew it was her. Nothing had changed about her, except for one thing.

She was in a wheelchair.

She couldn't walk.

Jake's heart dropped to his stomach. Nobody had told him. He had been in Texas fucking every woman he laid his eyes on and Bhavika, the true love of his life, had been fighting to try and even have the chance to walk again.

What the fuck was her doing with his life.

They had promised to each other they would move to Texas. But, he broke that promise and moved away with out her because he thought it would help him. Why did he make the stupidest decisions.

He pushed open the door to the Hard Deck and got a beer, before sitting down at a corner booth and just watching the people around him. The bar wasn't as busy as it normally was. The Dagger squad wasn't there for once, just him. There was a couple sitting at the bar together, a man playing darts with one of his buddies and Jake himself sitting in a booth alone.

The door opened and Natasha came through the door. She also grabbed herself a beer and spotted Jake, making her way over to him.

"Hey." She said and sat across from him.

"Hi?" Jake said confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I had a shitty altercation and I need a beer." She said and took a large sip from her beer.

"I saw her."

"Who?" Natasha looked at him.

"Bhavika."

"Oh." Her eyes cast downward.

"Why didn't you tell me she was in a wheelchair? That seems like a vital piece information you failed to inform me about." Jake huffed.

"Jake I'm sorry it just slipped my mind."

"Will she be able to fly again?" Jake really didn't care if she was in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. He was just worried about her mental health. He knew how much flying meant to Bhavika.

"The wheelchair is temporary. The higher ups cleared her to fly once she has fully recovered." Natasha explained. "But she has voiced her worries about flying again."

"She's think about not flying anymore?" Natasha nodded.

"It honestly scares her to even think about flying. She's not the same anymore, her mentality has changed."

Bradley and Javy came through the door and spotted their friends. Taking a seat at the booth as well.

"I was actually trying to wallow in self pity alone." Jake rolled his eyes and scooted down the bench.