𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝. 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚜

"Welcome back Lieutenant Patel."

"Where am I?" Bhavika asked the nurse standing in front of her hospital bed.

"Miramar Hospital." He replied.

"What happened? How did I get here?"

"Plane crash. Debris entered your engines and your systems shut down. You were transferred from your boat to this hospital." The nurse was patient with her.

"I'll take it from here Branson." A doctor said and entered the room.

"Dr. Lahela Ikeda. I will be overseeing your recovery. I work for the navy and have been asked specifically to help you, I have lots of knowledge in the areas you require help in. I will help you make a speedy recovery."

"Will I get to fly again?" Bhavika looked at Dr. Ikeda.

"I'm not sure Lieutenant Patel. I would love to say yes, but you've been out for a while. I can't tell you for sure." Dr. Ikeda sighed.

Bhavika looked down sadly, everything she had work towards and clawed her way to was gone in no time.

"Okay."

"I know it's hard to hear. But you have to trust me I will try to the best of my ability to give you that chance again." Dr. Ikeda tried to reassure her.

"Thank you." Bhavika smiled sadly.

"Let's get some vitals from you." Dr. Ikeda looked at her clipboard. "Well right off the bat, your speech seems to still be intact unlike most of my patients with brain trauma. So that's good. Your heart rate is at a steady pace. You are breathing fine. Any pain when you breath?"

Bhavika took a deep breath in and out, "Nope."

"Good your ribs healed up nicely. Can you move your legs around for me?" Bhavika wiggled her legs around, well tried too. They mostly just flopped to the side. "That's okay, we'll schedule you with the physical therapist and we will get those legs working like normal."

"I've called everyone. Natasha, Callie, Bradley, Robert, Javy, Reuben, Mickey and Jake." Shalene said exasperated and went to open her mouth again, but was cut off by Bhavika.

"Natasha! Is she okay?"

"She's better knowing your awake." She smiled. "Oh Dr. Ikeda!"

"Mrs. Ghosh, me an Bhavika were just discussing her plan to recovery." She filled Shalene in.

"Perfect. I'll take a seat over here and listen."

"I would like to get you an MRI to really make sure nothing is going on in there." Dr. Ikeda finished off and ran over her checklist again. "That's everything."

"Thank you so much." Shalene smiled at the other woman. "Back to what I was saying before."

"I called Natasha of course. I also called mama and Rohan, Auntie Kamala as well. They I called all of your friends including Jake. But Jake was the only who didn't answer, which is strange because he always answers." Shalene listed off.