𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢. 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚍

*warning heavy topics are discussed in the chapter

Bhavika had heard everything her mother had said the night prior. But she didn't keep her word, she let her mother stay for some unknown reason she herself couldn't comprehend.

Maybe it was the child in her that wanted a maternal figure around to keep her on her feet. What was she even saying to herself to try and convince her brain that she needed that self centered bitch. But, there she was still convinced that she needed her and her mental health was suffering for that grave mistake.

"Bhavika!" Dr. Davis snapped her out of her trance. "You still with me?"

"Mmm." Bhavika hummed and looked at her therapist.

"Okay then tell me how your nightmares have been?"

"Practically nonexistent. I do have pretty lucid dreams. I can touch and change things in my dream." She explained.

"What are these dreams about?"

"Memories, I think? They are always with the same people, but all of their faces are blurred out and no matter how hard I try to make them clear they never are." Dr. Davis wrote the explanations down.

"Don't try and force yourself to remember it will come in time." Dr. Davis looked up at her. "Your sister tells me your mother came back. How's that been going?"

Bhavika was silent for a while.

"It's been alright."

"Alright? How so?" Dr. Davis folded her hands together.

"When she arrived, she cooked for me, smiled at me, but when I went to sleep her mood changed and she called me horrible things."

"Bhavika, what did she call you?" Dr. Davis looked worried.

"Spoiled brat. Lame, basically insinuating I would never be able to walk again. Things like that."

"Bhavika things like that aren't normal for a mother to say. To their child nonetheless." Dr. Davis scratched her head.

"She's said things like that, to me for my whole life." Bhavika thought it was a normal occurrence.

"Bhavika, I need you to answer me truthfully. Has your mother ever hit you?"

Thump

Thump

Thump

Her her heartbeat was in her ears. She was paralyzed in fear. What could she say? Would her mother be sent to jail for something like this?

"Bhavika?" Dr. Davis came closer. "Please tell me the truth."

"BHAVIKA! GET BACK HERE!" Her mother growled.

Bhavika was hiding in her closet. Arms and knees tucked close to her chest. The little girl was sobbing silently.

"Bhavika? Where are you?" Her mother sounded like a crazed psychopath.