𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎. 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎
*this chapter contains heavy topics, this is the last one I swear.

Bhavika had gone quiet after her visit with Dr. Davis. She hadn't uttered more than a few words over the past few days.

Their aunts had gone back to New York, leaving the house just that little bit more quiet. But it wasn't peaceful, with Bhavika hiding away her mother had become more verbal again.

"She's become lazy. Relying on me to do all of her chores." Marjane scoffed.

"Mama lay off her. She been having a rough week."

"I can't keep doing everything for her she is a grown woman." She rolled her eyes and entered the kitchen. "I'm just saying."

Shalene huffed and walked into Bhavika's room.

"Whatcha doing Vika?" She asked peering over her shoulder.

"I'm writing." She put it bluntly.

"About what?" Shalene was trying to draw more out of her sister.

"Just a list."

"Bhavika I want you to tell me what you are writing about." Shalene sighed. "I just want to know why you are being so secretive."

"Could you shut the door?" Bhavika gave up trying to keep her sister out of the dark.

"Okay. Now spill."

"I'd rather you just read." Bhavika said and handed Shalene the list.

Bhavika watched as her sister's face contorted into a thousand different emotions at once. Sad, disappointed, disgusted and angry.

"W-What are you going to do with this?" Shalene asked and handed back the list.

"I've been working with Athena as my lawyer. I'm going to file a restraining order against her. Athena is on her way to break the news now. This is just evidence." Bhavika explained and took a breath before asking her question. "I-I wanted to ask you if you would be a witness for me."

Shalene went silent, pondering the question. This was her sister and her mother. She knew why Bhavika was asking her, she had seen the horrible things said and sometimes even done to her. Shalene was also fed up with her mother's behavior.

"I'll be your witness." Shalene answered quickly and Bhavika looked up surprised.

"Really?"

"I'm done watching you being hurt." Shalene hugged her. "I love you Bhavika. You are my best friend and my older sister. I would stick up for you any day, even if it happens to be against our own mother."

"Thank you Shalene. You don't know how much this means to me." Bhavika hugged her waist.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Shalene whispered  into her ear.

The doorbell rang.

Athena was here.

They opened her bedroom door and Bhavika rolled to the front door open it up.

"Athena!" She exclaimed exaggerating her name.

"Hi Bee!" She bent down to hug her friend. "Tasha is here, she brought Javy and Bradley from the squad. They will come in if things become physical. You will be completely safe." Athena whispered in her ear as she hugged her.

"Thank you. Lene agreed." She whispered back. Athena look more confident.

"Athena." Shalene smiled.

"Hey Lene."