𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Jake

Jake was sitting in his bunk, hands in his hair and tears staining his face.

"I've been hit."

"I will meet you in the stars."

"I've been hit."

"I will meet you in the stars."

"I've been hit."

"I will meet you in the stars."

Her words echoed in his head on a loop. He couldn't fathom it, one second she was cheering and then the next her plane hit the water and static filled speakers.

Jake had screamed for her to respond to him, but it never came. Speed had called for them to get back to the boat and the rescue team would handle the rest.

When they had landed Jake was seething, he shouted meaningless words and curses at Speed's face, she never even flinched. Javy had pulled him back, preventing him from doing something impossibly stupid that could possibly lose him his career.

"Jake, you need get your shit together. We all lost her too, yes you were so much closer to her, but we are all fucking worried. Yelling at five star admiral, really? She could get you discharged with a snap of her fingers, and you tried to provoke her. Really?! Man the fuck up." Javy yelled at him and was met with silence from the blonde man. "I'll see you out there."

Jake had been sitting on his bed like this since Javy had left, taking in his words. There had been some silent tears, that now stained his face.

Was anything worth living for anymore?

Natasha

Natasha didn't know what to do.

The world felt like it was spinning. Her best friend had just crashed into the bottomless sea and none of them knew if they would find her body.

She had imagined her wedding day a thousand times over, but Bhavika was always there. Now she wouldn't be and it fucking scared her to break the news to Athena.

Voices were muffled around her and she couldn't understand anything. Her legs gave out and she fell to her knees on the tarmac.

Her best friend was dead.

Everything was closing in on her. She couldn't breathe anymore, her chest tightened. Tears were falling rapidly but nothing was coming from her mouth. She wanted to scream.

Natasha clawed at her flight suit, it was suffocating her.

"Hey, hey Phoenix." Bob was at her side in an instant when he saw his RiO hyperventilating on the ground.

"I can't breathe." She whimpered.

"I know, I know. Take deep breaths with me. In...Out. In...Out." He began trying to slow her heart rate.