Chapter 16

''My parents won't be able to celebrate my birthday with me this year.''

Jimin mumbled sadly while chewing on his fries.

It was lunch time and they were sat at the very end of the cafeteria today to get some privacy—even though Jimin was constantly being stared at, and he loved it.

''Huh? They won't be back on your birthday?''

Hoseok questioned with a raised brow.

''No, they called this morning and said they won't be back till Sunday.''

Jimin pouted and looked down.

''That's sad...but let's be positive! We can throw a party on your birthday and no one will stop us!''

Jimin scoffed at the maknae's statement.

''Why do you love parties so much?''

''I just do.''

Jungkook smiled wide.

''Hey guys!''

Hoseok got startled when a boy yelled from behind him.

''Jackson you scared the shit out of me!'' Hoseok huffed.

''Sorry bro.''

Jackson gave a quick apology and took a seat beside Hoseok.

''Sorry for evesdropping but I heard you talking about parties.''

''Yeah, we want to throw one for Jiminie hyung's birthday.'' Jungkook replied.

''That's great! I can handle the DJ and all! It'll be a birthday gift for you.''

''Ah thanks a lot for the offer Jackson but my parents don't allow me to party in my house.''

Jackson thought for a moment.

''Don't worry about that! We can party at mine. All my equipments are there so it'll be even more easier. How does it sound?''

Jimin thought for a while.

''Come on Jimin! I really want to return the favor when you helper me during our dance theory exam.''

Before Jimin could even open his mouth to answer, Jungkook had already came up with a reply.

''That's great! You send the invitations to everyone. It's on Friday.''

They planned the whole party while Jimin just sat there, eating his fries with a smile.

He didn't really care about celebrating his birthday but seeing his friends all happy and excited made him happy too.

He looked around the cafeteria, smirking at all the eyes scanning him.

For once in a long time, all the attention was on him again rather than Taehyung.

Speaking of the devil, Jimin looked around for him but he was nowhere to be seen, not even on the usual table where he sat with his friends.

Just then, Taehyung walked in from the entrance with only one girl.

Normally, he would be surrounded by at least ten girls when he enters the cafeteria.

Seeing this much deterioration in his fanbase made Jimin giddy with joy.

He watched as Taehyung held the girl's hand ever so gently and walked her to an empty table.

Taehyung brought some food for both of them and they ate while chatting.

Jimin noticed Taehyung was being oddly kind with this girl.

He didn't have the usual smirk plastered on his face.