Chapter 21

Jimin was having the time of his life.

He was jumping, swaying and dancing profusely without a care.

The adrenaline rush felt amazing in his nerves, thanks to the numerous drinks he had chugged down nonchalantly like water.

He was dancing along with faces he had never seen before, total strangers.

He had no idea where his friends or Jackson was, nor did he even bother to look.

He guessed it had been hours since the party began, definitely past midnight, but he felt like it only started a few moments ago.

He just went along with the flow of music, letting the beats control his body.

He turned around when he felt someone standing behind him before his face abruptly crashed into the person's chest.

"Quite a dance prodigy, I see. Those guys weren't wrong." He heard a familiar voice.

Jimin looked up to find a familiar face smiling pleasantly at him.

"Ah, Andrew-ssi! You're here!" Jimin smiled wide, lightly hugging the taller.

"Of course I am. Told you I wouldn't miss out on the biggest piece of cake."

Jimin giggled.

"So did you get it?" Jimin shouted through the loud beats of the song playing in the background, even in the close proximity they are standing in.

"I did, but," Andrew paused.

Jimin's heart stilled when he leaned in, closer to his ear and whispered, "It wasn't the best one."

Jimin blushed.

"Uhm, why don't you tell me more about yourself? You don't look Korean although you speak the language so well." The blonde laughed.

"You're right, Jimin-ssi, I'm not Korean, I'm-" Andrew got interrupted by a squeal.

"Lemme guess! You're Australian!" Jimin slurred a little as he giggled.

"Wow, you are a genius. I really am Australian. How'd you guess that?" Andrew looked at him with an astonished look.

Jimin giggled again, "I've got lots of Aussie friends who are half Korean. Your accent just sounded like them. C'mon! Tell me more about yourself!"

Andrew smiled and when he was about to speak, the music stopped as the DJ's voice sounded through the speakers.

"For all the love birds out there!"

The music which came right after was a slow, 90's Korean love song that everybody has heard before.

It was a classic, the one old people listen to a lot in television or radios.

As the melody began, everyone started slow dancing with their partners, and Jimin felt odd at being the only one left out, at his own party.

Andrew seemed to notice it as he stretched a hand out towards the birthday boy.

"Jimin-ssi, if you don't mind, may I have this dance?" Andrew said with a smile, making the birthday boy blush madly.

"Uhm..sure." Jimin took his hand with a shy smile as they started slow-dancing just like the others.

-------

Taehyung's blood was boiling in rage.

He stood leaned back on the bar counter, sipping some red wine. The girls around him chattered and giggled among themselves but he paid them no attention.