Chapter 5

Finally, the day of the Inter-School Basketball Match has arrived.

Jimin is a bit nervous but even more excited because his grandparents have just called.

They informed him that they would come to watch him play since they weren't really busy today.

Jimin's grandparents own a small cafe close to his school.

He visits them often with his friends when he doesn't have any after-school practices.

They are very humble and down-to-earth people, never taking anything for granted.

And due to this personality, they wish to stay independent with their own hard-earned money, even though they wouldn't refuse a gift or two from their family.

"Yah Jimin-ah!"

The team captain, Lee Taemin, snapped the dazing boy out of his thoughts.

The whole team was currently in their locker room which is right beside the school bathrooms.

Jimin sat on a bench, already prepared for the match as he waited for his other teammates to get ready.

"Ah Hyung, sorry I zoned out." The younger replied, cheekily.

Taemin laughed and patted his head.

"Did you even hear what I said to everyone, you brat?"

He looked down at the younger, his hands on his hips.

"Uh...Maybe? I'm sorry please don't scold me, hyungie!"

Jimin looked at him with his big, puppy eyes which usually helped him get away with all the scolding.

"Aigoo!! You're too cute to be scolded."

Taemin squished the smaller's cheeks making him giggle.

"I'd appreciate it if you two stop flirting and hurry up because we don't have much time."

Taehyung interrupted their little moment of cuteness as he stood in between them.

He glared at Taemin for a while and gave a quick glance at Jimin before walking away, with one hand in his pocket and the other holding a basketball on his hip.

"Seriously, what's that kid's problem?" The older huffed.

"I don't know. Maybe someone pissed in his cereal or something."

After Taemin explained everything to Jimin and a few other teammates who were late, they all got ready for the match which would be held at the gym of the school.

The opponent team has already arrived, waiting for their competitors in the gym.

As they entered the basketball court, almost everyone from the audience started squealing and cheering for them. Some even chanted their names.

Jimin smiled widely, looking around.

He found his cheering grandparents sitting on one of the bleachers and right above them, Jungkook held a big poster that said,

'JIMINIE HYUNG DO YOUR BEST!!'

Ahh so embarrassing...

Jimin hid his face behind his small palms as his teammates cooed and chuckled at the bunny's cuteness.

Even some members of the opponent team cooed at his cuteness while Jimin's face exploded in various shades of embarrassment.

After all this, both team captains shook their hands, the referee blew the whistle, and the game started.