Chapter 22

Taehyung jolted awake from his sleep when he felt something wet against his fingers.

He cranes his sore neck (probably from sleeping in a very painful position) behind to find his hands still clasped between Jimin's smaller ones. He looks up at the smaller's face, smiling at the serene sight of him peacefully sleeping while snoring softly.

Then his eyes land on a small, curled up animal beside him. It's a white cat who is, apparently, glaring at him.

The cat has a pink ribbon around its neck with a matching bow attached to it. Under the bow hung a golden heart-shaped locket which has a word engraved on it.

"Gangyang," Taehyung reads out loud. The cat lets out a low grumble at that, swinging its furry tail gently.

Taehyung chuckles and stretches out his free hand to pet the feline. The cat, getting startled, let's out a hiss at the unfamiliar human limb and scratches it.

Taehyung immediately jerks his hand back with a groan while the cat jumps down the bed and hides behind the nightstand.

Taehyung slowly pulls his other hand out of the sleeping boy's grasp before crawling towards the nightstand where the kitty is peeking from.

He crouches on his knees at a safe distance from the cat and holds his injured hand out again.

"Come here." He says softly

The kitty looks at it with big eyes then up at Taehyung's soft ones. Slowly, she crawls out of the cramped space and walks towards the outstretched hand.

The cat sniffs it for a few moments before licking gently at the small wound. Taehyung smiles and pets the cat with his other hand making her purr in content.

"There, such a good kitten. Just like your owner, aren't you? Always hissing and scowling at me but then become such an obedient little kitten at slightest my touch."

-------------

"Taetae... Please..."

Jimin barely breathes out while his gets face pressed on the ground.

His face is tattered, painted with cuts and bruises all over.

His cry of plea is only answered by a cold pair of eyes staring back at him, almost lifeless.

Jimin tries to move, to get up, but all he could do was lift his limp arm barely above the ground.

An unknown source of weight kept crushing him, pressing him harshly on the ground.

He cries out in pain, looking up towards the boy standing before him.

The cold pair of eyes did not leave his pleading, teary ones.

The arm he lifted is shaking aggressively as he tries to hold onto something, anything.

"Taetae..." He cries out.

The said boy only scoffed in response, and with one final look at the sobbing boy before him, he turns around and starts walking away.