XVI

The beam of morning sunshine that entered your room through the window caused your eyes to open. You smiled and extended your arms, knowing that this was the weekend.

In your comfy pyjamas and t-shirt, you completed your morning routine and proceeded to the kitchen for breakfast. You heard a bang on the door as you were ready to have your first bite of breakfast, making you grind your teeth.
'Who showed up at this hour in the morning?'

When you opened the door, nobody was outside. As you were ready to turn around after closing the door in confusion, you heard another loud bang on the door. With trembling hands, you again opened the door once more, but no one was there. You moved outside and saw here and there in the corridor but not even a single living thing existed there.

A wave of panic instantly swept through you, and you hurriedly went back inside. In the meanwhile, a message appeared on your phone. You picked up the phone expecting a normal message but all your hopes vanished when you read the sender's ID,
No0n£.

Your heartbeat became steady as you opened the message with trembling hands.

"Don't find me outside princess. I lie inside you, in your fears"

You stood frozen in your place lost in your thoughts to understand the meaning behind message when another bang on the door make you stumble as your heart jumped in fear.

Your body got drenched in sweat as you were deciding whether to open the door or not. You reached the door making small trembling moves and opened the door.

Jake grinned as he greeted you when you opened the door.
"Good morning, yn"

A breath of ease left your mouth as you beckoned him inside while saying, "Here you are to ruin my Sunday."

"I'm here to give you these files that you asked me to pick up from jimin yesterday ", jake said as he handed over that file to you.

You murmured, "Mhm, I'll check it out later."

"Why not now? You're free right now", jake responded.

"Come on . It's sunday and I'M. NOT. GONNA. WORK. ON. WEEKEND", You said emphasising on each word.

"Aishh. Fineee , you sloth ", Jake answered.

You smiled and teased as you wrapped your arm around his neck tightly.
"I breath all day just to burden your existence. Isn't that enough knucklehead?"

When you responded, Jake grinned, but you saw something in his expressions today. You let go of him and sat down next to him before asking, "are you okay? "

"How do you always know that I'm not okay?" he asked as he glanced in your direction.

You replied with a smile, "Same as you noticed out about me when i felt down back then"

"I want to finish our work as soon as possible and go back home yn," he said, leaning back on the sofa and placing his head on its back.
"I miss may. He added in a low, worn-out voice, "And I'm sure she'll be missing me too.

As you put your hand on his shoulder to reassure him and your eyes softened for him, you said, "We'll go back soon. Don't worry". With a gentle smile, you continued, "I hate looking at your gloomy face."

He softly returned the smile and restored the normalcy of the environment by enquiring, "What are your plans for today?"

"Um nothing really. I just have a coffee plan with yoongi in the afternoon", you replied making him dazzle.

With wide eyes, he pleaded, "Don't tell me you're dating your suspect."

You gave him a shoulder slap and yelled, "Take a tissue paper and wipe that shit in your mouth,"

"Just kidding but take care of yourself, alright?", Jake responded, laughing. "After all, You still owe me and May a treat after returning to Italy".

You mockingly rolled your eyes and said, "You and your always hungry ass."

"Whatever", he copied your eye roll and made you to chuckle.

"I'll go now.", he said as he got up and moved towards the exit.

As you went to see him off, you added, "If you talk to May, please tell her that I miss her."

"Sure, big sister", he replied with a smile before leaving.

--------------♡♡♡--------------