34 | the one where she was on edge

Start from the beginning

It wasn't long until Y/n and Minho made it upstairs to a room. The music was barely audible here and the room was rather fancy. Most everything was covered by white cloths, the chandeliers providing light along with the sun peaking through the blinds. Looking around, Y/n noticed Thomas laying on the ground, unconscious as Minho had said, while Brenda was slowly getting up with Frypan's help. Teresa was kneeling down next to Thomas, while Newt stood above them, leaning on the wall and biting on his nails, looking at Thomas. Aris sat on one of the couches, watching the scene in front of him.

On the other side of the room was Jorge with a blond man — Marcus — tied on a chair with a grin on his face.

''You'll spare yourself a lot of pain if you just tell me what I want to know, hermano,'' Jorge said as he stood cross-armed in front of Marcus.

''Come on, Jorge, we're old friends. No need for such measures.'' Marcus had an amused tone in his voice, most likely thinking he can escape the situation.

Y/n walked over to Aris and plopped on the couch, bouncing slightly as she did. Minho sat down next to her, letting his head fall back on the backrest. Her eyes fell on Jorge, who suddenly started manically laughing before he threw a sudden punch at Marcus' face, snapping his head to the side and causing the man to groan loudly. It was followed by another and then another punch, and from what Y/n could see, there was blood dripping down Marcus' chin now.

''Hey. Hey, you're okay,'' Teresa suddenly spoke and Aris, Y/n and Minho turned to look at her, seeing Thomas moving. Minho put a hand on Y/n's knee and stood up, walking over to them. ''Hi. We have to stop meeting like this.''

Minho leaned down, nodding at Thomas. ''Welcome back, you ugly shank.''

''I suggest that you talk!'' Jorge threw another punch. ''You son of a bitch!''

''I'm sorry, you're going to have to leave my house,'' Marcus spoke.

Thomas walked closer and Y/n looked up. ''Well, well. The party animal woke up.'' Thomas didn't spare her a glance, but Aris snorted next to her.

''Listen. I don't enjoy hurting you. Okay?'' Marcus sighed skeptically at Jorge's words. ''Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?''

''Wait,'' Thomas suddenly spoke, pointing at the man. ''This is Marcus?''

Marcus laughed. ''The kid catches on quick. Are you the brains of the operation?''

Y/n snorted and quickly started coughing once everyone's looks fell on her. ''Sorry, something's stuck in my throat.'' Minho lightly hit the back of her head as he sat down next to her again, shaking his head.

Jorge grabbed Marcus by the hair, pulling on it.m ''I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell me and I'll make you a deal. You can come with us.''

Y/n widened her eyes at Jorge's suggestion. ''I burned that bridge a long time ago.'' Marcus laughed. '' Besides, I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity.''

''What's he talking about?'' asked Newt.

''I'm talking about supply and demand. WICKED wants all the immunes they can get. I help provide that for them,'' Marcus explained. ''So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, WICKED comes in, they separate the what from the chaff.''

Y/n stared blankly at Marcus as he suddenly started maniacally laughing. She slowly stood up, causing both Minho and Aris to look up at her.

''Hey,'' Minho called, but it fell on deaf ears.

Before any of them could react, Y/n had taken out her knife again and plunged it in Marcus' thigh, causing the man to scream in pain as Minho and Thomas quickly grabbed her by the forearms and pulled her away. ''You fucking son of a bitch!'' She pulled her arm away from Thomas and took a step closer, spatting directly in Marcus' face before Minho fully pulled her back behind everyone, quickly wrapping his arms around her and running his hand through her hair.