XXVIII.

A few weeks passed and Zayn was with Harry after school. It was the middle of spring and Zayn was beginning to worry.

"Relax, love, you've already done what you had to. You applied for the scholarship and submitted your work," Harry said trying to calm him down.

"I know but, how do we know how much it affects you if you've applied late? It's been almost three weeks and nothing, no news," Zayn said anguished.

"Look at me," Harry said grabbing his face. "We have each other, if you don't get it this time, you'll apply again next year. You're not giving up, do you hear me?" Harry said and Zayn nodded pecking his lips.

"How'd I do without you huh?" Zayn said sighing and relaxing his posture.

"I don't know, maybe, stress more?" Harry said smiling.

"You're right, I have to forget about it for a while and relax. What's meant to be, it's meant to be," Zayn said smiling at Harry. "Like us," he said.

"Like us," Harry repeated and kissed him. "Hey, what happened with the lawyer's letter, have you opened it yet?" Harry asked.

"Oh... the letter, erm... no, no yet. I'm... not ready. I think I'm gonna do it after I received an acceptance or rejection letter from NYU," Zayn said.

"Sounds good. I'm glad you've made up your mind, love," Harry said closing the cash register.

"What do you want to do this afternoon? It's sunny outside," Zayn said looking out the crystal door.

"What about, we close early and go for a walk in the park and read a little? We can grab some bread and cheese, and have a little picnic over there," Harry suggested.

"Sounds good, very relaxing. I need to relax," Zayn said.
***********

They arrived at the park and sat under a tree putting a blanket on the grass that was getting greener. Set the little basket on the floor and enjoyed the view.

"It's so different now, even though I like the winter and Christmas season with all my heart, spring has something charming," Harry said smiling.

"It is, the park looks more vibrant and alive," Zayn said laying on the blanket with his arms under his head.

"Remember the first time we came?" Harry asked.

"Of course, you were so into me already," Zayn said smiling at him.

"No, I wasn't. Not that much. I wanted to cheer you up," Harry said blushing.

"I know and I loved it. Y'know? You would have liked Louis, he was so outspoken and free. He was a free soul that's why he struggled that much when we were at the foster home," Zayn remembered.

"He'd be so proud of me now, having a gorgeous boyfriend, applying to college, having a home to come to every night. I'd love to share how happy I am with him, y'know?" Zayn continued.

"I know..." Harry said with a broken voice and trying not to sob.

"Hey, babe, are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" Zayn asked.

"No, of course not. It's just that I'm so proud of you too. You've gone through a lot that I'm so happy to be with you now. That's all," Harry said wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Babe," Zayn said and hugged Harry so hard that he pushed him on the blanket and he ended up all over him. Luckily the tree trunk was blocking the sight from curious people.

"Zee..." Harry said gasping his name. He was feeling his heart beating faster against his chest every time Zayn was close like this. Like the first time, he saw him in the store when he was helping Ms. Jenkins. "Such a sweet creature," he thought back then.