XXII.

"Oh hi, Niall... Come on in," Zayn said.

"How are you feeling man? Here's some chicken soup that I picked up from a place nearby, it's delicious," Niall said as he was sitting in the living room.

"Oh, thanks. Smells so good. I'm feeling better... Erm, thanks. And thanks for helping get here," Zayn said.

"No problem, man. We're friends and that's what friends are for," Niall said.

"Anyways, thank you," Zayn repeated.

"I'm glad you... you're back. I mean...you're so much better here," Niall said.

"Niall... I've been thinking a lot about everything that happened in the last few days. Liam... told me a lot of things, about Harry and... Jason," Zayn said.

"Zayn... I'm not... erm you should talk to Harry instead. I- I know that he's not your favorite person right now and that you don't want to see him but..." Niall said.

"I do want to see him, but... I just want to know why did he hide his relationship with Jason? Does he love him still?" Zayn asked.

"Wh-what? No... I mean, look, I don't know exactly what happened between them. Harry doesn't like to... talk about it. But I can assure you that he doesn't love him anymore. He suffered a lot because of him," Niall said.

"But I heard him saying that he... and then Liam told me that Harry played with Jason and broke his heart... that he killed himself because of that. And I don't want to ask Cecile I don't want to pry," Zayn said.

"I... Zayn, it's... I shouldn't be talking about it. Harry will murder me if he knows I'm telling you this but, please don't do the same shit that Jason did to Harry, he's suffering too, again. Because of those friends of yours!" Niall said.

"What? What do they have to do with this? Liam was worried about Jason, he was his friend!," Zayn said.

"They... treated Harry like a scumbag, they beaten him to death and made him ashamed of what he is and Jason was the one who broke his heart, not the other way around!" Niall said loudly.

What? How? Liam told me that Harry was the one who... broke up with him. Why everyone is lying to me!" Zayn said frustrated.

"Zayn... I think... you're being played by Liam and I don't know why," Niall said sighing.

Zayn was surprised and didn't believe that his friend could've done something like that.

"What? Why? Liam... has no reason to lie to me. He has been nothing but supportive when I told him about Harry. He..." Zayn said.

"I don't know Zayn. He was a friend of Jason too. Maybe... deep down he's not your friend anymore. I mean... people change and they could be so hurtful," Niall said.

Zayn was sitting on the couch with a turmoil of thoughts in his mind. And remembered what Alex told him about being away from Liam.

"Just think about talking to Harry yeah? He's helping Mrs. Jenkins with the renovations and he's there mostly all afternoons lately," Niall said.

"He is? I didn't know... but thanks for telling me," Zayn said and Niall nodded.

"Are you coming back to school? You've been missing a lot of classes. I can talk with my father..." Niall offered.

"Ye- yes. I will. It's alright, I'll catch up. My mind has been somewhere else since Mr. Jenkins died that I... I guess I have to study very hard for midterms," Zayn said.

"I can help you if you want, I can leave you my notes," Niall said.

"Thanks, Niall," Zayn said.

"Okay, gotta go. I have to start my English Lit essay. It's for next Thursday," Niall said picking up his backpack and walking towards the door.