XXVII.

"Well, I'll be very straight. I came to talk to Mr. Jenkins after your eighteen birthday Zayn and he told me that he and Mrs. Jenkins, here, wanted you to stay with them," Ms. Wilson said.

"Erm... he did say that? He didn't tell me anything, " Cecile said with teary eyes.

"I guess... he didn't have time Cecile.
But he told me that you'd be so happy to take care of Zayn and that he agreed with that," Ms. Wilson said.

"Yes, I am. I've already talked with Zaynie here and well, he'll be staying with me until he gets to university," Cecile said looking at Zayn who nodded and smiled.

"Ye-yes. I'm so happy to stay with Cecile and... even if it's a little
late I'm starting my college applications," Zayn said.

"What if you don't get any spot? What would happen then?" Ms. Wilson asked worriedly.

"I haven't thought about it but, I guess I can help Harry and Cecile with the store. Take some courses and keep studying and apply again next year. I... don't mind waiting a bit," Zayn smiled.

"Alright, I think that everything could be sorted out. That's a relief. From my end, that'd be all. Here I have some paperwork that we need to fill for Mrs. Jenkins. Please," Ms. Wilson said indicating to Cecile where to sign.

"And... I have another thing to discuss with you Zayn. It's about your parents," Ms. Wilson said.

"My pa-parents?" Zayn said feeling his heart shrink.

"Yes, I received this from their lawyer. He has been looking for you since last year, asking for your whereabouts until he finally reached out to me," Ms. Wilson explained handing him a white envelope.

"I barely remember him. What's in it?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know. You should open it and find that out. I've written down his number and office address for you to call him. He said it was important that you call him after reading this," Ms. Wilson said.

"O-Okay, I... will," Zayn said folding the envelope and putting in it his back pocket. He was feeling uneasy to have something from his parents after all this time.

"Here it is. Everything is signed, Ms. Wilson. Is there anything else that needs to be done?" Cecile asked.

"No, that's it. I'll be in touch now and then just for follow-up," Ms. Wilson said.

"Please do," Cecile said standing up. "Thank you so much for all your help," she continued and extended her hand out.

"It was my pleasure. I can't express how happy this makes me. Every time I close a case like this, I just can't be more satisfied," She said with teary eyes.

"Thanks, Ms. Wilson, I'd not be here if it wasn't for you, you never gave up on me. My life changed because of you," Zayn said with a broken voice. "Can I hug you?" He asked.

"Of course, Zayn," Ms. Wilson said.

"Well, I hope you can stay a little bit longer for the celebration," Cecile said.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I'm going upstate this weekend, I just dropped by quickly to close this. But congratulations on the store," Ms. Wilson said.

"Oh alright, I'd walk you out then," Zayn said and she followed. They said goodbye and he returned to the party.

"How it went?" Harry asked nervously.

"Good. I'm staying with Cecile," Zayn said smiling.

"That's great Zayn!" Harry said excitedly but he noticed that Zayn was a little pensive.