III.

For the last four years, Zayn has been in and out of foster families. Louis was about to turn eighteen years old, so that means he'll be out of the system and on his own if he wants to leave the foster house.

"Man, I can't wait to get out of here and be free," Louis said to Zayn that was drawing in his sketchbook. He was still the same sweet, innocent, and well-behaved boy. Always been protected by Louis since he got there.

"I guess me too, but... I have a year left," Zayn said.

"What if we run away together? You can live with me and we can be free together," Louis proposed.

"No, I can't just run away. It's not okay Louis. Remember what happened the last time? The family I was with, kicked me out because they caught me out after my curfew and they sent me back here," Zayn said sadly.

"Is not like you were happy with them Zee," Louis said.

"They weren't that bad Lou, they didn't care much, the attic was better than this old bunk bed," Zayn said sighing.

"You're always seeing the positive of all situations, don't you?" Louis said.

"It's something that my baba always did. I miss him and my mom every day," Zayn said sighing.

"I know man... I wish I'd known any of my parents. Y'know?" Louis said sighing and squeezing his shoulder.

"Where are you going to go, Lou?" Zayn asked him.

"I don't know. The most important thing is that I'm gonna be out of here, man!" Louis said.

"Lou.... are you sure? Why don't you stay?" Zayn asked.

"No... I'm leaving," he said grabbing his few belongings and putting them in an old backpack.

"Erm... I have something... for you, to remember me," Zayn said giving him a drawing of the both of them.

"Wow... It's so beautiful. Thanks! You're so talented, man! But you already know that," Louis said chuckling.

"I'm going to miss you so much Lou," Zayn said with a breaking voice.

"I promise we'll see each other again. You're my best friend, my only friend," Louis said with teary eyes.

Zayn remembered when Liam was his only friend, he promised to go and visit him and he hasn't seen anybody from his past. It was like they never existed.

"Zee... Are you alright?" Louis asked.

"Ye... Yes. You're my best friend too, my only friend. Promise we'll see each other again, soon." Zayn said.

"Of course, once I'm settled and have a job I'm going to come here, for you. Then, you won't be scared to come with me, "Louis said.

"Thank you, Lou, for everything. Since the first day I got here, you were always by my side. I love you," Zayn said hugging him tightly.

"I love you too, Zee," Lou said hugging back.

"Look at you, faggots. "I love you. I love you too," Chad said mocking them.

"Fuck off Chad. Leave us alone," Louis said wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

"When are you leaving Tomlinson? What is little Zaynie going to do without you?" Chad said laughing.

"Leave him the fuck alone," he said grabbing him from his shirt.

"You're not going to be here to stop me, are you?" Chad said.

"Fucking bastard!" Louis shouted at him.

"Lou, leave him, please." Zayn pleaded and Louis did it.

"Watch your back little faggot! You're not going to have your little boyfriend to defend you anymore!" Chad said leaving the room.