VIII.

They came back to the bakery and Harry's mom was attending to some customers.

"Come, let's go to the back," Harry said.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, no problem. Come," He said.

Harry motioned him to sit at one of the little tables at the bakery.

"I'm gotta get some cocoa and your cake," Harry winked at him.

They talked about their hobbies and the things they like.

"So, it's settled then. We should go to some museum," Harry said. "Like a date, y'know?" He continued and said nonchalantly.

"Oh, ye-yes. I'd love to. Gotta go, Harry, it's almost dinner time, and I have to get to the Jenkins's," Zayn said.

"Sure, erm... I can walk you home if you want," Harry offered.

"Okay," he said and they walked out of the bakery.

They walked through the neighborhood and it started to snow.

"I had fun today Harry, thank you," Zayn said smiling.

"Me too," Harry said. "Erm... do you think I can see you again maybe tomorrow or any other day during the week?" Harry asked.

"Ye-yes. I'd like that. You can come to the store and we can do something. Gotta go, now. See you," Zayn said going inside the building and disappearing.

He was sitting with The Jenkins having dinner and smiling from
ear to ear.

"I see you've had a very good day," Mr. Jenkins said.

"Yes, I had fun. I spent the day with Harry," Zayn said to them.

"I'm glad you're making new friends around the neighborhood, dear," Cecile said.

"Just don't neglect your responsibilities. Tomorrow you have to wake up early to go to school," Mr. Jenkins said and Zayn nodded.

He could be happier for the day he had and most of all, being with Harry.
                   **************

A couple of days later Zayn was coming back from school and entered the store.

"Zayn, good you're here. I think these officers are looking for you," Mr. Jenkins said seriously.

"Me?" Zayn said surprised and having a bad feeling. He remembered that fatal day when two officers gave the bad news about his parents.

"We're officer Holmes and Samuelson. We're here to make you a couple of questions young man," the tall man said.

"Wha-what is it?" he asked looking at them and back at Mr. Jenkins, who was visibly upset.

"This is a very difficult situation. We found a boy with this drawing in his belongings without an ID. It had this address written on it. Mr. Jenkins here recognized you. We need to know who is this boy, we need to call his parents or some relatives," the officer said.

"Erm... It's Lou, his name is Lo-uis Tomlinson. He was living at the foster home with me, I gave him this drawing. Is... Is he alright?" Zayn said fearing the worst.

"When was the last time you saw him kid?" he asked.

"Erm... Last Saturday. I saw him at the public library and I ga-gave him this address to come to see me. Where is he? Is he in some tro- trouble?" Zayn asked.

"Mr. Jenkins, we need to get Zayn to the station." the officer said.

"Why, what did Zayn has to do there?" he asked.