XI.

The next day at school, Zayn stayed after classes to attend his painting workshop. When he finished, Niall was waiting for him.

"Hey, thought you went home, Niall. What are you doing at school this late?" Zayn asked him.

"I was tutoring. And I remembered you were at your workshop and I waited for you," Niall said smiling.

"Oh, alright," Zayn said.

"We haven't had the chance to talk much the last couple of days man," Niall said and Zayn nodded.

"Yeah, I've been busy," Zayn said.

"So, what a coincidence that you know Harry too, isn't it?" Niall said.

"Yeah, I guess. He told me that you had a friend in common," Zayn asked.

"Yep... The Jenkins's late son. I- I used to tutor him before, y'know?" Niall said.

"Oh, I didn't know you two were friends with him," Zayn said surprised.

"Erm, kind of. But Harry and I became good friends when I helped him with a couple of subjects when he got to the US," Niall explained.

"Oh I see," Zayn said pensively. They continued walking in silence. He wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Okay man, here's my stop. See you tomorrow," Niall said patting Zayn's shoulder.

"See you..." Zayn said quietly walking to Mr. Jenkins's store.

Zayn thought about what Niall said all
afternoon. It was bothering him that Harry didn't mention that he knew Mr. Jenkins's son and he didn't know why.

"Zayn!" Mr. Jenkins said out loud.

"Ye-yes. Sorry," Zayn said.

"You seemed distracted today, how was the first day of your workshop?" Mr. Jenkins asked.

"Good, good. Erm... Mrs. Brown, it's a very good teacher. She told me she liked my work, my drawings," Zayn said.

"That's great, kid. Glad you're liking it already," He said.

"Yes," Zayn said.

"That's why you're distracted today?" Mr. Jenkins asked.

"Erm, yes. I guess so," Zayn said. He wasn't sure if he could ask Mr. Jenkins something about his late son.

The next days passed uneventfully. Zayn didn't see Harry during the week, they just talked over the phone a couple of times. On Friday he went to the public library to work on his literature paper. He was walking back home through the busy streets when he saw a familiar face, hanging out with some other people near the park.

Liam.

He looked older than he was, he was wearing a beard, but his puppy eyes were the same. He looked at Zayn and then looked away, after a few seconds he looked again recognizing his childhood friend.

"Zayn?! Oh my god, Zayn Malik!" He said out loud making his friends look at him surprised.

"Wow, man! Is that you?" Liam said with a slurred voice. He was drunk.

"Liam! Yes, I can't believe this!" Zayn said hugging his friend.

"Come over here. Let me introduce you to my friends", Liam said. "Guys! He's my friend Zayn! I haven't seen this guy in years!" He continued.

"Hi, I'm Zayn," He said.

"Hey! I'm Sophia and she's Georgiana," a brunette girl said.

"Hi, handsome, I'm Gio," the blonde girl approached him and kissed his cheek, making Zayn blush. He had never been greeted like that before by a girl.