XXIV.

He was so saddened by it, he wiped a tear from his face but he stayed there. He wanted answers.

"But... why are you saying that? He... was staying here because of you! You invited him over," Alex said horrified by the words Liam said.

"I had no choice! I had to keep him close, I needed to know what the police knew about the robbery. That's why idiot!" Liam said.

"Zayn was my friend. But when I saw him at my party with that Harry guy, I knew. That was the same guy that messed up Jason, he was one of us and he made him like him," Liam said.

"Man, what are you talking about? Jason was our friend, he was one of us. He did a lot of things for saving us, don't you remember?" Alex said.

"No! He was a fucking fag and he did all those things because I blackmailed him into them. I knew he was gay and he didn't want people to know, so I saw an opportunity and I took it," Liam said.

"What the hell, Liam! Why did you do that? We beat Harry because of you! Fuck... that's why... Oh, my dear Lord! You broke him, Liam. You broke Jason. You are the one responsible for his death!" Alex shouted horrified.

Zayn was standing against the wall next to the basement door. He was feeling nauseous, hearing Liam saying all those things. It was like a thousand bricks were coming down on him, he was so scared and horrified too. He trusted Liam.

"The hell I wasn't! Harry was the one responsible! He made him gay and made him fall in love or some shit like that! I made Jason a favor when I forced him into to broke up with him. I threatened him, I had to," Liam said.

"God Liam! No! He was a wreck after that! Don't you remember? He... was feeling so guilty and he wanted to be dead... because of what he did to him. It wasn't a girl like you made us think..." Alex said.

"Bravo, Sherlock," Liam said rolling his eyes.

"God! If he loved that guy... what did you care? He was our friend no matter what! He would be alive!..." Alex said pushing Liam against the wall.

"He was my friend, that's why I -I was saving him from that... abnormality," Liam said and pushed Alex back making him fall.

"What? No, you're so fucked up man. I don't want to hear anything else. Get out of my house! I don't want to be near you!" Alex shouted.

"Don't you see that without me you're nothing! You can't even get money on your own," Liam said.

"I will. My parents were right about you. Get out!" Alex shouted.

"You will regret this! And you better shut the fuck up about everything that happened, is that clear? If I end up in jail, you will too," Liam said.

Zayn was shocked, he couldn't believe that Liam, his childhood friend said and done all of that. He hide as soon as he heard Liam walking towards the stairs and he saw him walk away with his few belongings.

At that moment Zayn decided to face Alex, so he did. He took a breath and knocked.

"Za-Zayn?...erm Liam... just left," He said wiping his flustered face with his arm and hands.

"I know, I saw him," Zayn said seriously.

"He's not coming back. So..." Alex said.

"I heard everything, Alex. I need you to tell me what else you know," Zayn said with a broken voice.

"Zayn... I..." Alex said.

"Tell me everything, please." He repeated and Alex nodded.

"Okay, come on inside," Alex said and he began explaining everything to Zayn, how everything started, and all that he knew about Liam.