XXI.

"But... you told me that I could stay here," Zayn said.

"I know, and of course, you can. But... think about it, you have to finish school and get a new job, right?"
Liam said and Zayn nodded.

"So, it's better to have some adult support y'know? Like a proper house and food and all. I- I'm thinking to come back home myself," Liam said.

"Seriously?" Zayn said looking at him surprised.

"I mean, of course, you can stay here. But think about your plans man, college and all. You've been dreaming about it since I met you in third grade," Liam said.

"Erm... I guess you're right," Zayn said.

"Besides, that lady ain't that bad, is she?" Liam said.

"No, she's not. She cares about me, and she must be worried now. I haven't called her," Zayn said looking down.

"See? And you can have a better bed," Liam said smiling.

"Thanks, Li. For being such a good friend and for last night...I kind of remember I told you about... Harry and I..." Zayn said a little embarrassed.

"Forget it, man, I'm here no matter what," Liam said standing up and rolling his eyes when Zayn wasn't watching him.

"I know that maybe you don't want to come back because of Harry, I mean, this friend of yours, lied to you. I don't want him to hurt you as he did with Jason..." Liam said.

"What? ... what do you mean?" Zayn said confused.

"Man, I need to tell you something. I knew Jason, he was my friend before he died," Liam said seriously looking at Zayn.

"What? How..." Zayn asked surprised.

"I met him at a party, and we started to talk and hung out. He was Sophia's classmate," Liam said. "He was troubled, he started to do drugs, and now... I remember that he was suffering and then... he killed himself," He continued.

"What? No, I thought that he..." Zayn said.

"No, we were there. Last night when you told me about you and this Harry guy, that triggered my memory, it wasn't that long ago, though.

Harry was... younger of course and I didn't recognize him when I saw him at the party. I knew what was going on between them, Jason told me all about it because I was his best friend, Harry broke his heart, and... he wanted to die," Liam said.

"What is this? A diary? Come on man, are you a girl?" Liam said snatching the journal from Jason's hands.

"Give it to me Liam," Jason shouted at him.

"What were you writing? Let's see.

"I'm not sure why I did it, I'm sure I can't be in love with him, can I? I can't like guys. But I don't regret anything that we did and what I said to him. I love him, I love Harry. Is this could be a temporary crush? I don't know," Liam read out loud.

"What the fuck man?! Are you a faggot? Is this your little secret huh?" Liam said laughing.

"Liam, please, don't... !" Jason said looking around to make sure nobody has listened. They were alone on the benches. After basketball games with his friends, Jason stays there and writes in his journal.

"So... who is this Harry guy?... Let me think. He couldn't be in the team, no. Mmh... oh my god! Isn't he the nerd that wears beanies all the time? The new guy that works in a bakery?! He is, isn't he? He's gay?... well, no surprise there. But you... man?" Liam said laughing.