XVIII.

After hanging out with Niall, Harry got to the bakery and found Cecile talking with Anne about her plans for the store.

"Harry, dear. How are you?" Cecile said.

"Good, thanks," Harry said.

"Did you hear baby? Cecile is hiring someone full-time for the store. Isn't that great?" Anne said.

"Yeah... yeah, it is, Cecile. I'm... going to the back mom. Excuse me," Harry said.

"Oh... alright, baby," Anne said confused.

"It's alright. You know the kids nowadays Anne, one day they say one thing and they change their minds the next," Cecile said shrugging and smiling warmly at her.

"I know... sorry I mentioned it. I thought..." Anne said feeling a little ashamed.

"Don't be, dear," Cecile said.

"Thank you, Cecile. Anyways, here I have your cookies," Anne responded smiling.

"Thanks, Anne, see you around," she said and left the bakery.

"Harry, can you come here for a second?" Anne called.

"Yes, mom?" Harry said approaching her.

"What happened to the idea to help Cecile? I told her that you might be interested in attending the store. Did you change your mind?" Anne asked.

"Erm... no, mmh yes. I don't think Mr. Jenkins's store is a good idea right now," Harry said.

"Why? Do you want to talk about it love?" Anne asked feeling that something happened with Zayn last night when he went to visit him. She heard them argue but she didn't want to pry.

"I... I'm not... Zayn's friend anymore mom. He... well, he needs space after all that happened," Harry said looking down. Anne knows his son and knows what that means.

"I'm sorry baby, you were... getting along so well. But I understand, next time she comes I'll explain it to her," Anne said.

"I'd tell her, I should do it," Harry said smiling at her.

"Whatever you decide I'll be supporting you," Anne said.

"Thanks, mom, I know. I just popped to pick up a book that I left here, but do you need some help?" Harry asked.

"No, it's alright," she said.

"I'll go then, thanks, mom. I love you," he said kissing her cheek.

"Love you too dear," she said and Harry left.

When Harry was on his way home. He saw Cecile inside Mr. Jenkins's store and he decided to talk with her.

"Hello?" Harry said knocking and opening the door.

"Harry, dear. Come in, come in." Cecile said wiping her eyes.

"Thanks, are you alright?" Harry said.

"I... was walking by and I thought it'd be a good idea to come. But... it's too soon," Cecile said with a broken voice.

"I understand... I'm so sorry Cecile, my mom told me that you're going to be looking for some help," Harry said.

"Oh dear, yes, I was thinking to keep the store that my John loved so much but... I don't think I can. Everything is coming back and I can't." Cecile said sobbing.

"I know that my mother shared with you my interest to help you. I'm sorry...it was just that I don't think I can ask for a job here," Harry said.

"What happened here is too much, I understand," She said sadly.