VI.

"Zayn! Wait! Are you walking home by yourself?" Niall said panting.

"Yes, well I'm going to Mr. Jenkins's store," Zayn said.

"Oh, good. We can walk together if you're okay with it," Niall said arranging his backpack.

"Yes, sure," Zayn said smiling.

"I'm going to see a friend of mine and he lives in the same neighborhood," Niall said and Zayn nodded.

"So... how did you end up, y'know? Like in the system... if you don't mind me asking," Niall asked.

"Mmh... it's okay. Erm... my parents died in a car accident when I was younger," Zayn said looking down.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Niall said.

"It's okay," Zayn said.

"And... mmh, do you have any other friends?" Niall asked.

"Mmh... yes. I have a best friend. He left the system because he turned eighteen a couple of months ago," Zayn said.

"Oh, and where is he now?" Niall asked.

"I don't know yet. I'm seeing him soon. I hope," Zayn said.

"Oh good. Well, was so good to meet you Zayn. See you tomorrow at school? I got to go that way." Niall said.

"Ye- yes, see you tomorrow Niall. Thanks for the lunch," Zayn said.
                       **********

"Hi, Mr. Jenkins," Zayn said entering the store.

"Hi, Zayn, you're on time. How was your first day at school?" He asked.

"Good. All good." Zayn said.

"Great, there's your apron. Y'know? Putting the scones next to the jams was a very good idea. A couple of customers bought them," He said.

"Did the customer of the other day come back?" Zayn asked.

"Who? Harry? No, he didn't." Mr. Jenkins said.

"Oh..." Zayn said.

"Come back here, please help me to put the deals of the week on the blackboard outside," Mr. Jenkins said and Zayn nodded.

Several weeks passed and he hadn't seen the beanie boy again.

It was almost summer and one of those days, the green-eyed boy appeared through the door.

"Hey! You haven't closed yet, have you?" Harry asked Zayn approaching the counter.

"Erm, no, no. Wha- What do you need?" Zayn asked nervously.

"Mmh a loaf of bread and some sparkling wateh," Harry said and Zayn immediately get the things that he asked for.

"Here you go. Is this okay?" Zayn asked.

"Of course, thanks. I like this personalized attention. I'll be coming more often," He said smiling.

"Hi Harry, we are almost closing. Do you have everything you need?" Mr. Jenkins asked coming from the back.

"Yes, thank you, sir. Zayn here helped me," Harry said smiling.

"Good to hear that," He said smiling.

"Well, here you go. Good night," Harry said paying for everything and leaving the store.

"Come on, let's close," Mr. Jenkins said.

"Ye- yes, sir," Zayn said smiling, thinking about Harry.

After dinner, Zayn went to his room, as always. Today was a good day for him, changed into his PJs and started a new drawing.