CHAPTER 20: TRUTH UNFOLDS.

Felix opened his eyes, his vision was still blurry and moving around. The ceiling was like moving around making him more dizzy. He clenched and unclenched his eyes to clear out his vision. His vision started to became clear. He could see the ceiling even more clear now. Finally. He tries to move his body but he felt his body being so heavy. His head pounded so hard. His body felt too much pain, he tried to sit up but yelped when he felt a very sharp pain on his thigh. He looked at his bandaged thigh, tried to move it but he felt pain rush through his whole body. He screamed in pain when he felt his body began to hurt again. The doctor rushed towards him with a tray of medications. She placed the tray on the side breeder rushing to him.

Doctor: You shouldn't move too much!

She said sternly.

Felix: Where am I?

Doctor: At my room. Don't move. Your thigh is wounded very badly. I'm surprised you even made it alive.

Felix: Where's my mother?

Doctor: Probably sleeping. It's midnight.

Felix: Oh no...*groans in pain* I want to go to my room.

Doctor: You can't yet. Your thigh won't cooperate with you anyway. The wound is too deep, you'll feel more pain if you move around.

Felix: I don't wanna sleep in here. I wanna be with Rheyna.

Doctor: Tomorrow. But not now my King. This is for your own good.

Felix: *Sigh* Fine...

Doctor: Here... Drink this. It'll make the pain go away for a while.

Felix gulped the syrup that's in the spoon before gagging and coughing.

Felix: Argh! That tastes awful what is that?!

Doctor: It's medicine. Don't worry, it may taste bad, but it can help you. Here, drink water.

Felix took the cup and drank it. He signed in content when he could no longer taste the bad and bitter taste in his tongue. The doctor nodded in satisfaction.

Doctor: What happened?

Felix: Nothing.

Doctor: So having a wounded thigh is nothing?

Felix: I can't remember.

Lies...

Doctor simply hummed, clearly not believing him. He avoided her gaze and she already knew she was lying. But she let him slide for now.

Felix: I'm tired. Can you leave now?

Doctor: Sure.

She took note that he doesn't want to talk about what happened. He seemed so sad and broken. She doesn't wanna force him to talk.

Doctor: Call me if you need anything.

He waved his hand and she just sighed softly before nodding. She left him alone. Felix was invaded by his thoughts again.

(Middle of the night)

Felix opened his eyes, he looked around and slowly got out of bed.  He groaned because of the pain in his thigh. He gripped the headboard of the hospital bed before slowly proceeding to go to his bedroom. He opened the door silently. When he opened the door, his eyes welled up in tears again instantly. His wife was standing in the balcony, softly sobbing. Wiping her tears as much as she can. She was in her nightgown. The dress ended just beneath her butt. So it didn't actually cover her thighs and legs. She sniffed and turned around but she flinched when she saw him standing there looking at her. She wiped her tears quickly and sniffed.