CHAPTER 23: LIFE ON THE EDGE.

Rheyna and Felix were back in their bedroom. Rheyna was laying in their bed silently, Felix sitting on the edge of the bed, facing the wall. Not even a single word left their mouth. The two were silent when they came to the bedroom. Meanwhile for Rheyna, she was tired. Both mentally and physically. Her heart... Mind... Body... And soul... It's like they have left her. She felt numb. Her body felt so heavy. Her heart was broken into million pieces and she could still feel it hurting. Felix on the other hand, felt so bad and pity for Rheyna. Felix felt his heart shatter into pieces when he saw his wife, just looking at the wall, her back facing Felix, as she just laid there silently and lifelessly. Felix couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted to hug her and give her all his warmth and comfort. He wanted to keep her in a box where only happiness existed. No pain. No tears to shed. Just pure happiness and her lovely smiles. He'll keep her there in that box, even though if he was outside the box, bearing all the pain and fear he always felt.

But as long as he sees her happy, it's more than enough to him. But now? He felt darkness surround him again, blame him for everything. He knows it's not his fault but... He can't help but blame himself for everything. He inhaled deeply before exhaling it and then moving towards her and back hugged her. He hid his face in the crook of her nape and wrapped his arms on her waist and pulled her close.

Felix: I'm sorry... For your loss...

Rheyna didn't say anything. Just kept looking at the wall with no emotion.

Felix: You know... When Zeke died. I was also like this. Just... Staring at the wall... Feeling numb. I didn't know what to do at that time. I didn't know what to feel at that time. Whether to feel angry or... Just continue to mourn about his death. I felt the same pain too. The feeling is losing a bestfriend, hurts. I know. After all, I lost Zeke too.

Rheyna at this time had tears running down her eyes and she sniffled. Felix closed his eyes and nuzzled closer.

Felix: I'm sorry, I didn't know this was gonna happen. If only I knew, then maybe I would've stopped it. But... I'm sorry.

Rheyna: *Cries* Hailey....

Felix: It's okay. I felt the same pain too my love. I lost someone whom I really cared about, and losing Zeke is the most painful thing that has every happened to me. All my years I have never felt that vulnerable and broken. The world seemed so dark without him. I wasn't ready. I wasn't prepared, but it was too late. And the pain was unbearable, and it still is. Until now. But you know what's the good thing? Even though I felt all those kind of pain, I knew deep in my heart, he will always be remembered and will always be in my mind and soul. And in my heart. And I know deep inside me, he is watching me from above. Guiding me. Protecting me. And I know Hailey will do the same thing to you too. Because she's not just your bestfriend, she's family. You love her, she loves you too. That's what the most important thing. She will cherish all her memories of you. And I'm pretty sure you will too.

She couldn't keep in anymore and let her tears flow like water falls and cry again. Felix kissed her head. Rheyna turned around and hugged him closer to her. He responded immediately. Knowing the warmth she needed right now and she needed the comfort. And he's willing to sacrifice everything in his powers to keep her safe, and happy. Even if it means, selling his soul to the devil himself. Just for her happiness.

Felix: Everything will be okay. I will finish this. Once and for all.

Rheyna: Okay. I trust you.

Felix: Good. That's all I need.

He kissed her head a few times before closing their eyes to sleep. Praying that this war and his sick games would be over.

(Middle of nowhere)