CHAPTER 9: LEADER.

The soldiers were training in the training room with the others. Felix was there. He was smiling the entire day and that didn't go unnoticed by Nathaniel.

Nathaniel: Psst!

Felix: Huh?

Nathaniel: What got you smiling like that~?

Felix: Nothing.

Nathaniel: Oh~? 'Nothing'? You sure?

Felix: *Chuckles* Nathaniel stop it.

Nathaniel: Wow! Would you look at that? The mighty King even laughed before talking. That's new!

Felix: *Laughs* But no seriously stop.

Nathaniel: Now c'mon~. Tell me, who got you smiling like that?

Felix: No one.

Nathaniel: Oh 'No one'? Okay, so 'no one' got you smiling like that?

Felix shook his head but a smile was still on his face.

Nathaniel: *Laughs* C'mon tell me! I promise I won't say a word to anyone! I promise!

Felix: *Sigh* You promise?

Nathaniel: Cross my heart, hope to die. I will not say a word. Not even to Draken. *Whispers* Pretty please?

Felix: Fine. Rheyna and I... *Mouthed* Kissed.

Nathaniel: Eh?

Felix: *Whispers* Kissed.

Nathaniel: What?

Felix: *Whisper yelled* Kissed!

Nathaniel: You don't have to whisper that.

Felix: I know but... You know some of the people here are gossipers and I don't want them to know what Rheyna and I both did.

Nathaniel: Why? You both kissed and so? You both are married now you don't have to be ashamed over that.

Felix's face was now looking upset. And that didn't go unnoticed by Nathaniel.

Nathaniel: Or are you?

Felix signed and turned his head away. Avoiding his eyes.

Nathaniel: Tell me why you're ashamed of that. The fact that you're married to her and that you kissed her. What is it there to be ashamed of?

Felix: I just.... I'm supposed to hate her. I'm supposed to despise her because she...*sigh*

Nathaniel: Because she what?

Felix: Because she killed someone I used to know.

Nathaniel: What?

Felix: That's why I promised myself that I will hate her and that no matter what happens I will never forgive her but.... I'm scared that it's happening now.

Nathaniel: It's in the past Felix. You have to learn how forgive her-

Felix: How could I? When I can't even...

Nathaniel: Can't even what?

Felix stayed silent.

Nathaniel: The more you look at the bitter past, the more you get hurt. Think of it like this, if you want your wounds to heal, you got to stop touching it. That's the same for your past. If you want to move on from your past, stop thinking about it and make yourself sad. Yes the past can hurt, but if you can be strong enough and walk pass the pain, the more you get stronger. I know, you're probably thinking that I don't understand the pain you're going through, but I'm your best friend. I've been with you all these years. I can see it in your eyes that you are slowly falling in love with her.