CHAPTER 32: THE KING SURVIVED?

Everyone was silent. The whole world was. Nobody dared to say a single thing. The painful fight they had just watched hurt them. Especially for Rheyna and Valinrina. They had just returned to Nyland. Rheyna was laying on the bed, crying her eyes out. She was crying every since she got back. She heard the door open so she looked at the door and it turns out it was the man she despised the most.

Zardoz: Crying won't bring him back my dear.

Rheyna: You killed him. You monster!

Zardoz: Watch it now....you don't wanna anger me. Just because you are a woman and pregnant, won't stop me from hurting you.

Rheyna: Then just kill me!

Zardoz: Ahh that wouldn't be fun now would it?

He said and approached the bed and sat down on the bed.

Zardoz: I just don't get it. How could you fall in love with a man who hurt you and despised you all his life? All those hurtful acts and insults, you still fell in love with him.

Rheyna: He realized he was wrong. He finally realized that I didn't kill Zeke. All my life I was honest with him. I stayed loyal because I love him.

Zardoz: Ahh the thing is love doesn't last long with the wrong person now right?

Rheyna: *Scoffs* Do you expect me to fall in love with you? *Chuckles* Keep dreaming. Because I will never fall in love with you! I'd rather die than be with you!

Zardoz: Watch your tone Rheyna....

Rheyna: Screw you.

She yelped in pain when she felt her cheek sting. The sharp and loud sound of a hard slap was heard. She touched her cheek and she felt it stinging.

Zardoz: Watch who you're talking to Rheyna. Felix is not here to protect you anymore. For now I am your new King and I am your husband! Treat me with respect or it's you and the baby who will be hurt.

She felt cold when she heard him say that. She covered her belly using her hands. As if trying to protect it. She was softly crying.

Zardoz: Shh now dear. I would never hurt you. Unless you want me to.

Zardoz crawled near her, she tried to back away but her back hit the headboard. He crawled even near her. And now they were only inches away from each other.

Zardoz: You are such a beautiful woman. And I pretty much think that a beautiful lady like you, belongs to a man like me.

Rheyna: Never....

Zardoz: I will make you swallow that someday.

Rheyna: Make me. I will mark on my words that I will never love you. Hurt me all you want, but you don't deserve to be loved after all of the bad things you've done. No one will forgive you for your unforgivable sins. Curse you Zardoz. You will never be loved.

Zardoz held her neck tightly. And brought her face closer.

Zardoz: Just make sure you don't regret your words.

He let her neck go and she coughed. Holding her neck. Zardoz stood up and fixed his clothes.

Zardoz: Now! As much as I would like to stay here with you, I have other things to do. Excuse me my love.

She didn't respond. So he just left. Rheyna sobbed and fell down on the bed. Wishing she had Felix to comfort her. But unfortunately...that isn't going to happen anymore.

(Draken's POV)

Devastated. Broken. Upset. Angry. Torn apart. You name it. Draken didn't know what to feel. He allowed the darkness grab him. As he was silently sitting in the dark quietly. He remembered all those memories he had with Felix. His best friend. The person who was with him through all his hard years. His brother that was with him and helped him stand. And yet he failed to protect him. All his life, he vowed to himself that no matter what happens he will protect him. At all costs. Even if that means putting his life at risk. But he didn't even do anything when Felix was slowly dying. He remembered everything. So their precious moments together.