30. Rumbling

C H A E Y E O N G

It's been a few weeks since declaring basically war against the Lee gang and so far, it has been pretty quiet. It's quite funny actually, I spent years being comfortable with not seeing anyone in that house, yet now that they managed to find they way back into my life, I can't but miss a few of them.

As much as I want to punch Taeyong in the face, I do miss his sarcastic comments but most of all I miss my mother more than I ever have.

It was a Friday, late evening meant we had a lot of patrons in the club, it felt almost normal. Being behind the bar, laugh and messing around with Yixing and our regulars that come in, yet something felt off, like the rumbling of an incoming storm.

"Scotch on the rock for you, Mr. Jeon." I say as I hand over his drinks to the young male, who had become a regular a year ago. He smiles and nods his head in 'thanks' before waving a quick goodbye to his two friends that were making their way to the dance floor.

"Jungkook!" Minjeong yells as she approaches the bar. Jimin throws her dainty arms over Jungkook's shoulder, giving a quick side hug as Aeri and Yizhuo trail up behind them.

"It's been a while!" Jimin exclaims and I turn away from their conversation, drawing my attention to Jongin who just sat further down the bar. I pour his vodka and peach juice and slide it over to him.

"Long night?" I question him, slightly leaning on the bar

"There's a girl in there that is absolutely destroying me in Blackjack." He runs his fingers through his hair, ruffling it. "I've lost every single game against her, yet I can't stop putting my money in it."

"Seems like she has you whipped, my friend." I stand back up, pulling down Baek's dress shirt from the belt that was tight around my waist, my black skirt peeking out from underneath.

After a few seconds of Jongin feeling sorry for himself, a short girl with long luscious chestnut hair and straight bangs sits down next to him. "Ready for another round, Kai?" they both smirk at one another before her gazes turns to me. "Lee Chaeyeong?"

"Kim Jennie?" I question back, only just now recognizing her from my high school years.

"I was wondering where you went! One day you just up and left and didn't tell any of us where you were going. Jisoo thought you had died, I told her that she watches too many crimes shows and that you weren't, you were just away. Where did you go?" she blurts out everything within a few seconds.

"I spent a couple of years in China." Lie. I spent most of that time doing Dohwa's dirty work and the half trying to find a suitable way to hide from him. "Came back when I was twenty and now, I'm working here." I give a vague truth, I was working here, however a lot of stuff has happened since I last seen her.

"She does more than just work here." Jongin said under his breath with a smirk planted on his face, Jennie clearly heard his statement as she looks at him confused. I immediately move to grab the closest thing to me, which happen to be a bottle open, and throw it straight at his, which to no surprise his caught before it could hit. "Too slow."

"Assaulting my guys again, are we?" Baekhyun's hands found their way around my waist, his chest pressed against my back as he leaned over my shoulder to give me a kiss on the check. He doesn't often come down to the bar and if he does, he sits on the other side and has a small conversation. This time he was behind and putting on a full show of PDA.

"Never." I smile as I lean into him and giving his face a gently touch.

"SEE!" Jimin yells even louder than the pumping music of the club. "I told you guys it was the club owner. Minjeong, pay up." The girl holds out her hand excitedly while Minjeong is simply rolling her eyes, begrudgingly handing over a wad of bills.