37. Yearning

C H A E Y E O N G

"Are you sure you can get Taemin to side with us and potentially put himself in danger with Dohwa?" Baekhyun asks from behind me, sliding my leather jacket on over my arms.

"Positive, besides I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on Dohwa, so I'll make sure that Taemin isn't on his watch list." I say turning around to come face to face with the shirtless male that was still in his pyjamas.

I placed my hands on the warm skin of his waist which prompted him to manoeuvre his hands to my face, calloused thumbs slightly rubbing, causing a ticklish and tingling sensation on my cheek. "Move back in." Baekhyun says quietly.

I was still staying a Taeyong's apartment, occasionally visiting and staying at my old apartment or even spending a night or two at the NCT headquarters. Last night for the first night I stayed back in this house and especially back in the soft satin sheets of Baekhyun's king bed.

"How about this; when we, as a team, finish this mission and go back to normal lives, I'll move back in." I reply to him, getting lost in those deep galaxy obsidian eyes, the sparkle and stars shining brighter than they did before.

"What if I do you one better?" That adorable freckle pulling up as he]is lips formed into a sweet smile.

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" I return the smile, our noses almost touching at the close proximity.

He moves his hands from my face and wraps his arms around my shoulder, bringing me even closer than before. "How about, when this mission is over and we are no longer mafia members, we sell this house and find a new one. A fresh start completely, and we do it together, find the perfect home."

"I would like that very much." I stand on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek sweetly. He takes the opportunity to unwrap his arms from my shoulders and replace them around my waist, picking my up slightly and spinning me around the room.

He stopped spinning me to throw my on the bed, my loud giggles and laughs erupting around the room. Baekhyun moves to hover above me, he props himself on his elbows that are on either side of my head, attacking my makeup face with light kisses.

"Is this us taking it slow, huh?" I sarcastically say while Baek brushes a strand of my loose hair out of face that had come undone from its pins.

"Considering the fact that I have to hold myself back from kissing you every two seconds, or that I always want to hold your hand and make sure you're close to me; I would say yes, this is taking it slow." Baekhyun's facial expression changed from pure love to worrisome at his sudden realisation. "Unless you're comfortable, then I will stop and move slower."

I let out an airy laugh at his reaction, taking his face in my hands and moving my lips to connect with his, the familiar feeling being so euphoric and surreal. "This pace is perfect." I say to him as I pull away slightly, falling deeper and deeper into those intoxicating orbs.

Baekhyun reattaches his lips to mine, moving slower and with more passion behind it. We moved in sync with one another, like we had never been apart, yet it also felt as though we had spent years apart and were yearning from one another.

"We better stop before you're late." He pulls away, lips plump and red from the small make out session. "Like always."

"Ha ha, very funny."

o

"Call me if you need anything and be safe!" Baekhyun calls out to me after dropping me off at a small restaurant, where I was meeting Taemin.

"I'll see you at work." I smile at him through the open window of his sleek black car, he sends me a wink before driving off.

The Korean Barbeque restaurant was only small, yet it gave a homey and warm atmosphere to it, the smoke from each tables lit barbeque were wharfing around the air, burning my eyes slightly as I made my way around the small tables and to the soft featured male with two-toned hair.