32. Escape Artist

C H A E Y E O N G

I ran.

I did what I do best and ran.

Escaping the grasp of the man that I love, the man that lied to me about who he was the whole time and running out of the mansion. Ignoring the calls of Baekhyun as he trailed behind me, Yixing calling out to me as I ran faster. The voice of Ten, made me jolt in my step, he followed me out? Why?

Baekhyun managed to catch up to me, grabbing my left wrist and tugging on it to turn me around, I felt the watch he gave me loosen at the action. "Baby, please let me explain." He choked out, voice cracking as he tightens his grip on my hand.

"Explain what? How you lied this whole time? Is Baekhyun even your real name? was everything a lie?" I told myself I wasn't going to cry, to show any of them that they got to me and succeed in tearing us apart. But I broke. My tears bursting over the brim of my waterline, burning down my cheeks as they fell on the pebbles below.

"Not everything was a lie, who I am as a person and my love for you were never fake, they were always the truth." His eyes glossed over even more, the swirling abyss in his eyes were growing deeper, raging with a meteor show as his despair became more evident. He was hurting, but so was I.

"I...I just n-need some time, Baek." My heart shattered into a million pieces and ripped from my ribcage, creating gashes so deep they are bound to leave a scar. His hand fell from mine, taking the high tech watch that loosened with him as it fell to the ground, so did my heart.

o

It's been a few days since secrets were spilled and hearts were shattered. I couldn't go back to the house I adored so much, or the small but cozy apartment that I shared with Yixing. So here I found myself in Taeyong's apartment that no one knew about.

I spent the last 72 hours going over every interaction in my head, how they reacted, how they spun the truth. How they were waiting for a full blown plan to take down Dohwa, they needed solid proof, evidence to be able to stop him.

How when Baekhyun spoke about the future, it never seemed to have him in. Like a dark cloud was blocking and hiding the truth behind it. He was a spy, after he took down Dohwa, he'd go back to work and move onto a different mission.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of the front door opening and shutting. "I'm home!" Taeyong called out to me as I sat on his couch with my knees pulled up to my chest.

"In here!" I call back, wiping a stray tear I didn't know had fallen at first. Taeyong entered the room, dark purple marks under his eyes as he ran a hand through his plum hair. He was tired, he's doing so much to help me, to get out of this spiderweb that holds us here.

His hand fell on my knee as her plopped down next to me, throwing his head back on the couch. "Where I left you this morning, you should probably shower Princess."

I use my heel and tap him on the side, to which he smiles. "Just thinking, I promise I will get up soon and maybe migrate over to the guest bedroom to wallow in my own self-pity."

"I didn't know Dohwa was going to drop a bomb like that, I knew something was going to happen, but I didn't know what." He takes his hand from my knee and places it behind his head for support.

After I left the estate, I immediately call Lucas. He told me that he was fired from being my mothers in home nurse, that Dohwa had her transported somewhere else. Just another issue that we are going to have to figure out. "Have you managed to get Mark and Ten on your side yet?"

"As long as Mark is able to have free reign of the armory, then he's set." Taeyong joked. "Seriously though, he told me his loyalties are to me, not Dohwa. Ten however, is conflicted."