10. Some Truth

C H A E Y E O N G

The car ride back to home was mostly silent, besides the low humming of the car heater that fanned my tear stained checks with warmth. Baekhyun's jaw remained clench while he drummed his thumb against the gear shift.

Once inside the warm mansion that is Baekhyun's residence, I let my hands fall down my side while Baekhyun clicked the door closed. "Baekhyun..." I paused, still facing away from him.

"I know, you don't need saving." He interrupted me before walking past me.

"Thank you." He quickly halted in tracks and spun to look at me. His obsidian eyes search my amber ones, confusion danced swirls in them. "I suppose you want an explanation." My arms wrapped around themselves again.

"Only when you want to." The confusion dulled in his eyes and another emotion replaced.

"You drove all the way there and punched a guy to save me, I think you deserve to know." I let my gaze fall from his, looking at the soft plush carpet that comforted my bare feet.

"First we should get you cleaned up, I'll go run you a bath. Throw those clothes out, even my jacket." Baekhyun didn't give me much time to answer before he swiftly moved up the stairs. 

I climb the stairs slower than Baekhyun, my feet slightly dragging against the carpet. Once inside the comfort of my own room, I let myself crumble a little bit more. Biting my lower lip to stop the whimper from escaping, the hot tears burned as they left my waterline. 

A light knock on my door caused me to sniffle back my cry and wipe my face with the sleeve of Baekhyun's jacket. I lightly padded over to large door, opening slightly to reveal Baekhyun with his black T-shirt clinging to his large biceps and tucked into his belt.

"Here," he hand me a black satin robe with lace detailing on the sleeves and hem. "I ran a bath in my bathroom. When you're ready you can go in." I didn't even get a chance to say 'thank you' before he walked back down the hallway.

Slowly I shrug Baekhyun's jacket from my shoulders, gently placing on my bed before it can hit the floor. I slip of my dress and let it hit the floor, I take my undergarments off and throw them in my washing basket. The smooth satin of the robe gliding across my honey skin as I slipped it on. 

Lightly stepping down the hallway, the aroma of lavender waffled around me, becoming stronger the closer I became to Baekhyun's room. Walking into his connected bathroom, the lights were dimmed while lavender candles littered the vanity and tile flooring.

The deep porcelain bath was filled to the brim with bubbles with a matching lavender scent. My toes warmed as I stepped into the grey tiling, knowing he turned the heater on, Baekhyun's attention drew to me as I step closer to him.

"I'll go, let me know if you need anything." He moved slowly and swiftly.

"Wait!" My slightly raspy voice caught him as he walked in front of me. "Stay. You deserved to know and I'd rather not bring it up later." He seemed to understand my insane way of reacting. He taken me in with little knowledge of who I actually know, he's seen me cry I think I should at least explain.

He remained in his spot as I was started to move closer to the bath, the high edges of the white porcelain were filled to the brim with bubbles.

I slowly removed the dressing gown from my slightly shivering frame, I grip the sides of the bath and slightly dip my toes in to test the temperature. Piping hot, perfect. Once I was fully submerged and the bubbles were covering up to my collarbone, I clear my throat to let Baekhyun know its okay to turn around.