14. Lessons, Lessons and more Lessons

C H A E Y E O N G

The week was... icy and quiet. Beside the slight warmer whether coming in and blooming pinks and purples of the flowers that hang from tress or sit in bushes, the atmosphere in the Byun house was frosty. Like the coldest winter had come and was yet to melt.

Baekhyun stopped coming down for breakfast, stopped offering to get dinner together after work and didn't drive me to work anymore.

I asked Junmyeon if he could teach me some things before work which in turn resulted in him picking me up and spending hours upstairs at the club. He taught me how to spot little recording devices or where is the best place to hide them. He also taught me how to make tiny cameras as well as listening devices. He was patient and never once became frustrated with me.

I can't say the same for Kyungsoo. Coding and learning how to hack on Friday proved to be the bane of my existence. Kyungsoo grew frustrated with my fail attempts and hit me upside the head every time I messed it up.

Baekhyun managed to keep himself either locked up in his office or he'd find other things to do away from the club. Saturday I spent my morning learning everything I needed to know about bombs and explosives from Minseok. The office upstairs and club was rather quiet as Baekhyun, Sehun and Jongin were out all day and night.

Minseok may look like he could rip my throat out and not even batter an eyelid but he was actually a big softy, like a small fluff ball of a cat. Yixing had to drive me back to my new home that I was slowly starting to feel more comfortable in, which turned into a prompt driving lesson.

My upbringing was anything but normal, so getting my driver's license was definitely not something I did.

My Sunday consisted of finally getting a sleep in, when I finally did wake up at 2 in the afternoon the house was oddly quiet. That of course didn't last long when Jongin burst through the front door demanding that it's his turn to train me. Still no sign of Baekhyun

Jongin's lesson's on body language and manipulation ran all through the night, He spent that valuable time teaching me basically everything he knew. I somehow mange to retain very bit of information while still being able to serve every customer.

When I finally asked Jongin where Baekhyun was when he dropped me off, all he told me 'It was business and not to worry my pretty little head about.' Well that's helpful, Thank god Monday I can finally relax

My phone buzzed on the counter top of kitchen where I was finishing my breakfast, at midday. The unknown number had sent me an address, not just any address but the one of a café near the Lee estate that Taeyong and I used to visit years ago.

I know the unknown number was indeed Taeyong, I knew it wouldn't take him long to find my new number and use that knowledge to annoy the absolute shit out of me. After washing up my plate and glass I left a sticky note for Baekhyun;

Baek,

Had some errands to run,

I'll be back in a few hours.

Chae.

Whether he sees the note or not at least I tried. I quickly tie my converse laces and throw a jumper on over my red shirt and head for the address. I managed to grab a taxi not too far from Baek's house and found myself sitting in the café waiting for his royal highness to finally make an appearance.

I was on my third coffee, wildly tapping my fingers against the wooden table. The nerve of this man! 45 minutes late, typical Taeyong. I started to look around the small and warm café, finding anything to cure my boredom.