29. Calm Before the Storm

B A E K H Y U N

"Who did this to you?" My voice was low and brushed stray hairs away from her face as she smiled at my concern. She had no new cuts or bruises on her face but dried blood crusted over her knuckles.

"It's not my blood." Is all she says before giving me a quick kiss on the lips. "You should see Siwoo, she's going to need to get some work done to fix her newly busted up face."

I chuckle and place my forehead to hers taking in her scent of citrus and vanilla. "You really are a menace to society, aren't you?"

"Got to keep you on your toes." Her melody of a laugh dances around my ears, making me slightly light-head just by her presence.

"Let's talk in my office." I don't give her much time to answer before pulling her behind me and letting her sit in of the office chairs. Once her body has relaxed into the plush fabric, I move to grab a first aid kit and start cleaning up her hand. "So, you punched Siwoo."

"She had it coming."

She continued to tell me step by step of the series of events that took place not to long ago. From the moment she left the house to her absolutely beating the shit out of Siwoo and all the way up until Taeyong had dropped her off.

Her mention of 'NCT' does surprise me.

When I first met Taeyong I would never of known about his soft spot for the girl I fell in love with, when Chaeyeong said she trusted him, I trusted her enough to do so myself. I didn't know he would turn tables and want to go against Lee Dohwa, but then again Dohwa is an awful man so I'm not too surprised to be honest.

I've spoken to Johnny Suh, the leader of 'NCT', before. When we first set up shop here in Seoul, Johnny and 'NCT' were the first to set up a meeting. Not because they were intimidated or wanting to cause trouble, but to simply offer a truce. Don't mess with their business and they wont interfere with our own.

Last I heard they were stationed out at Incheon, taking care of one of their casinos that has had a few bad deals go down, I didn't realise they were back.

My heart fluttered and cause a whirlwind of butterflies in my stomach when she told me about Dohwa's ultimatum. There was never a doubt in my mind that she would side against us, but it still makes my heart run rampant when I hear everything she is doing for us. I could be more proud.

She's really fallen into a role of some sorts. She fits into the mold of doctor, yet she still somehow manages to cause immense mischief and now she's really turning into our little spokesmen. She's done nothing but stick by my side the whole time. She would make a great life partner.

Once the night was over and all our patron had left, I call a family meeting. We all gathered in the common room above the club. Jongin, Sehun and Chanyeol share a three seater while Yixing, Minseok and Kyungsoo share the one opposite of them. Junmyeon sits in the love seat adjacent to ours that Chaeyeong has relaxed into and I am leaned against the arm rest.

She retells the story she told me earlier, instead of listening attentively this time, I scan the room. Yixing always looks like he's going to have an aneurysm whenever Chaeyeong tell him about eating hurt or any danger coming to her. He looks at her like a little sister.

The one face that catches my attention is Kyungsoo, his dark eyebrows are furrowed and there is a crease between his eyebrows. "We have to make a new plan and fast. You know that right?" He questions Chae rather harshly.

"I know that." She simply says before I can interrupt and pull Kyungsoo up on his attitude, Chaeyeong leads the conversation in her way. "I'm not on the inside anymore, but I'm still a threat. We have recorded proof of the accountants plans to move money, we know his plans, we just need our own plan to take him down and the time is now."