39. Who Sits on the Thone in your Kingdom?

B A E K H Y U N

"Thank you for bringing me along." Chaeyeong says from beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder, considering that the cramped elevator was empty, as for right now.

"You're the one that went through hell to get this evidence, I think it's only right for you to be here." I plant a quick kiss on her forehead. Grabbing her hand with the ring that I gave her, intertwining our fingers together. "Besides, you would be such a great agent with the way you handle yourself. May as well show you everything firsthand so you never have to do it again."

The elevator comes to stop on the '35' floor, opening and allowing two very familiar girls to enter. "Baekhyun, Hi!" Seulgi greets as she enters.

"Hi! Who's this?" Irene asks as she steps in behind her friend.

"Hi, I'm Chaeyeong." She smiles out, being as extroverted as she can be.

"I'm Irene, and this is Seulgi." Irene introduces both of them to Chaeyeong, being as equally as friendly. "So, you must be the lucky lady that has got our number one agent resigning."

"We're not resigning completely; we are just moving departments to something a little less... dangerous." I correct her, not wanting Chaeyeong to get any wrong ideas. I just want to not have to play these roles all the time and changing locations, I want to settle down and stay in one stop with the woman I love.

"I wonder who's going to take the stop as top agent once you step down, I hope it's me." Seulgi jokes around with me, earning a laugh from everyone in the elevator.

"I have no doubts about you taking top spot, Seulgi." And I was telling the truth, she really is talented, I will happily step down from that spot to give it to Seulgi.

The doors to the elevator opened, I took the lead and pulled Chaeyeong along with me, making our way down the corridor to Lee Sooman's office. Giving Chaeyeong a quick kiss on the forehead before knocking on the giant doors. "Come in!" Mr. Lee shouts from inside his office.

Opening the doors, I let Chaeyeong walk in first before following in after her, taking her hand once more and moving further into the office. "If you feel uncomfortable at any time, give me a squeeze and we can go." I whisper in her ear. She smiles back up at me and we continue moving deeper into the office.

"Afternoon, Baek-Oh my, is that Eun Chaeyeong?" Mr Lee stands up from his seat, his mouth left open at the sight of Chaeyeong, admittedly I was hesitant about her coming, but she insisted.

"You know who I am?" she questions as she lets my hand drop, placing hers in front of her and bowing.

"Of course, I was close with your father in high school." He bows back at her before speaking again. "I'm sorry about your father." I know that is the right thing to say, but I'm sure this girl doesn't want to keep hearing it, especially when she's coming to terms with the truth of what happened that day.

I place my hand on her lower back in a comforting manner. "It's okay, it happened years ago." She smiles out, I know her, and I know that's not a real one. We are here for business and business we shall get to.

"What brings you two here?' He questions as he motions for us to take a seat, to which we don't take, we aren't going to be here long.

Chaeyeong pulls out a USB from her jacket pocket and places it on Mr. Lee's desk. "That there is your evidence. Lee Dohwa admitting to the murder of my father, the mistreatment of my mother and his plan for the next super drug. On there is also the evidence of the wire transfer from our own informant"

I smile at my girl, proud of her for how far she's come. The defensive, alcoholic that thought everyone was out to get her is now standing here, holding her head high with not a drop of alcohol in her system – she can still be a little on the defensive side, but I think that is one of her best traits.