20. Hands Off

!TRIGGER WARNING – VIOLENCE!

B A E K H Y U N

"Will you two shut up!" I heard Chaeyeong yell as quietly as possible into her mic. By the look of the surveillance footage that Kyungsoo tapped into, it looked like she put her phone up to her ear, pretending to be on a phone call so she could talk openly. "The last thing I need is you two yelling in my ear the whole time."

She was right. I was sitting in a van arguing with one of my best friend over a girl who was too stubborn to realise she's throwing herself into danger. I could spent countless of hours arguing with absolutely infuriating human being that is Chaeyeong, but I know I'd never win. I'll give it her, she can argue.

All I wanted was to rush down there, throw her over my shoulder and take her back home, I couldn't. She's an adult and she wants to do this, I have to respect her wishes.

She was getting closer to the door now, her hands wrapped around her upper arms, moving up and down to create some type of warmth. Her dress was fairly short and revealing, as much as I want to walk down there and drape my suit jacket over her shoulders, I couldn't.

I watched her as she slyly handed the bouncer her I.D and a few bills, just like I had instructed her to. He didn't even take second glance at the girl before he waved her in. Now that she was in the club I could no longer see her, I felt as if my heartbeat was stuck in my throat that moment I couldn't see her anymore.

"Enhance her audio, Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo nodded his head at me before moving a few dials and then I could hear everything around her loud and clear. "Thank you."

I heard her ask for a water to the bartender, while I watched Chanyeol walk through the doors next. I couldn't work those two out, there's something in his eyes every time he looks at her and I just can't pinpoint exactly what the emotion is. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

There is just something so infuriating yet so infatuating about the stubborn girl that punched a random guy in my club because he was harassing a young girl. She makes me want to pull my hair out every time she gets a chip on her shoulders and thinks she's larger than life, but I also want to make her coffee in the morning and make sure her nightmare never bother her again.

"Excuse me, I asked for a water?" She asked the bartender.

"I know but this one is on him." Matthew Kim, his signature claim is buying the lovely person a drink, once he sees them in his colour, he circles them like prey.

"Don't even think about it, Bambi." I warned her through the mic. She may have struggled at first but she's worked so hard to not drinking, she may have pushed against me to begin with but her eyes shine a tiny bit brighter and her cheeks no longer hollow out.

"It would be rude to decline a drink." There she is, the one and only Chaeyeong that love to push my buttons. What am I going to do with you?

It didn't take a genius to figure out that she had already downed the drink, this was Chaeyeong we are talking about. The music become louder, signaling that was now on the dance floor. Oh god, she's a downright menace on the dance floor. Matthew approached her not long after, making some crude comment while Chaeyeong played along. She used some sort of flirty tone while pitching her voice slightly higher, any man for fall victim to that voice.