16. Cat's Out Of The Bag

C H A E Y E O N G

"Ready for this?" Baekhyun's low honey voice vibrated around the parking lot of the club. The slight breeze that brush though the closing garage door nipped at my legs that were covered by sheer tights and a faux leather skirt.

"Do you think they'll hate me this time?" I picked at the loose threat that was falling from the sleeve of my black turtleneck. Most of them didn't hate me the first time around, but when they find out I've lied once again – who knows what their reaction would be.

"Judging by the last time they found something out about you, I'd say this time will be much better." His freckled lip tugs as the elevator doors closed us inside.

"What happened to the big brave girl that punches drunks out?" His laughter resonated off the metal walls.

"Shut up, Baek." I throw the back of my hand into his chest. "This is completely different; I care about these people. Plus, I don't think I could handle any more of them being mad at me. Sehun was enough."

The opening of the elevator doors prevented Baekhyun from saying anything else sarcastic, I walked out first, greeted by every single member of 'Exo'. Scanning every single one of their faces as they started back at me.

Junmyeon gave his reassuring smile as always. Chanyeol gave me a comforting nod and a slight smile along with Sehun who just nodded his head. Definitely better than last time.

"Well, if it isn't the woman of the hour." Jongin smirked at me with his signature wink. "We've been waiting for you." Jongin and Sehun were lounging on one of the suede couches across from Kyungsoo and Minseok. Chanyeol leans against the arm rest next to Jongin while Junmyeon and Yixing stand.

"Well now that she is here, I think its time we get down to business." Baekhyun tapped the back of my back, nudging me slightly forward. I moved to sit in between Jongin and Chanyeol, resting my arm slightly against Chanyeol's thigh.

"I'm assuming you already know the gist of it." I start off, waiting for a negative response or an eye roll from any of them, Treading very carefully, not knowing how everyone was going to react.

"Chanyeol and Sehun can't keep their mouth shut, so yes, we have heard something." Junmyeon soothing voice peaks my interest. He's always had such a soothing persona, calming and a mellow aura. He reminds me so much of a father giving a daughter a bone crushing hug every time he uses that tone.

"If you could explain a bit more so we have a better understanding that would be great. No pressure though, Chae." Yixing moved from leaning against the pool table to kneel down close to me. Giving me a reassuring pat to my knees.

I was overwhelmed.

My body tingled as I worked up the courage. These people, they were family to me. Treated with nothing but care and respect from the moment I met them. Well Baekhyun is a special egg.

Their faces held no rage, betrayal or sadness. Only curiosity and...pity? Can I blame them though? I was an outcast who didn't have a place to call home, who drank herself senseless only so the night terrors would keep at bay.

My story is about to get a lot more sad to them.

Inhale. Exhale.

"Well, to keep this short and sweet. Lee Dohwa is not my real father but my step father. He's CEO of Lee Pharmaceuticals and the Lee Gang or whatever the hell they call themselves. He's done horrible things to not only myself and my mother, but those around him."

Inhale. Exhale.

Chanyeol fingers wrap around my own that are resting on his thigh while Yixing's grip tightens on my knee tightens. My best friends.