Part 42

Mias POV:
'Hurry up or we'll be late!' Rafe called, from downstairs.

I was in our room getting ready. Our room of our house. It was beautiful and Rafe had let me decorate however I liked, giving me something to do whilst he found a way to deal with Topper.

I'd not left the house much, and so the midsummer ball was the first time I'd be allowed to leave the house in ages. I had my dress, it was green, floor length, with a small trail behind it, and a slit in the leg.

Rafe hadn't seen it yet, I made him wait in the car whilst I paid for the one I liked the most, but I knew he'd love it. I finished my hair, letting the curls fall onto my shoulder, before slipping on my heels, taking a deep breath before walking out onto the landing.

Rafe's eyes drifted up to me, the blunt expression on his face shifting into a smile, as he held out his hand, waiting for me to walk down the steps towards him.

I held onto the bannister, carefully taking each step at a time, not wanting to fall. He waited until my hand was in his, before taking me in, kissing me on the forehead softly.

'You look like an angel.' He breathed, keeping his mouth close to my ear, as he left kisses along my collarbone.

I moved my arms around my neck, letting them sit comfortably as I admired his suit, trying my hardest not to push him up against the wall.

'You're perfect, Rafe.' I smiled, letting him place one hand on my hip, kissing me on the lips.

'Do we have to go?' He mumbled, letting his hands drift lower down my legs.

I raised my eyebrows at him, kissing him once more before moving away, heading to the front door and grabbing the keys from the table.

'Yes, we have to go, Rafe.' I chuckled.

'Okay, but before we do, just turn around.' He said nervously, from behind me.

I did as he said, spinning to look at him, standing in the middle of our hallway.

'This is all ours. This is our home, mine and yours.' He said , holding out his hands for me to take, spinning me in a circle.

I smiled, looking around our beautiful house. It wasn't finished yet, but knowing that it was all ours was a beautiful feeling. Our family home.

'I think that we should get a dog.' I said at once.

'Then we shall get a dog.' He responded, letting go of my hands and getting down on one knee.

I stepped back, unsure of what he was doing, my heart speeding up excessively as I saw him pull a black box from his back pocket. He closed his eyes for just one second, taking a deep and heavy breath, before looking back up at me.

'Mia, will you please, marry me, and become my beautiful wife?' He asked, his voice a little hoarse with nerves.

I clasped at my mouth, looking around again and noticing Kelce peeking from the kitchen, taking photos of the whole scene that was unfolding before me.

'Oh my god, Rafe, yes.' I responded, trying my hardest not to cry, knowing I'd ruin my makeup.

He slid the ring onto my finger, putting the box back into his pocket before picking me up, spinning me around with a gorgeous, genuine smile I'd seen on his face a handful of times.

'I love you so fucking much, Mrs Cameron.' He whispered, putting me down and kissing me passionately on the lips, running his finger over my hand, feeling the ring.

'I love you more, Mr Cameron.' I smiled, looking down at the beautiful gem on my finger.

He'd really gone all out. When I was 12, I told him of the exact ring I'd want my future husband to buy for me, I even drew a picture and stuck it on my fridge. The next day, it was gone, and I never knew where it went.