Part 10

Mias POV:
'Party tonight at my place?' Kelce asked, breaking the tension.

'Absolutely.' I smiled.

Absolutely not.' Rafe interrupted.

'Oh come on, it'll be fun!' I teased.

'Yeah, whatever, what times it start?' Rafe asked, completely ignoring me.

'Be there by 8. It's gonna be a long night.' Kelce joked, putting his golf clubs back into his bags and throwing the ball into the air, catching it again.

'I'll see you guys later?' Topper asked, wrapping his arm over my shoulder and walking with us to Rafe's car.

'Of course.' I smiled.

'Okay, let me know when you get there and I'll come find you, good luck.' He said, quiet enough so that Rafe couldn't hear.

I got into the passenger seat in silence, not saying a word until he turned to look at me, one hand resting on the steering wheel and the other behind my head.

'We don't have to go.' He said, almost telling me he didn't want to.

'No, it'll be fun.' I shrugged.

'Come on, let's just stay in, me and you.' He begged.

'We're not together, Rafe, there is no me and you.' I replied, breaking eye contact as he began to drive the short distance home.

'Jheez, you've really gotta keep reminding me, don't you?' He asked, readjusting the mirror.

'I'm not ready for a one time thing, Rafe. I want you forever.' I said softly, not really wanting him to hear me.

'And you will.' He replied, leaning over to squeeze my hand.

'Anyway, I'm going to go and get ready. See you here in an hour?' I asked him, undoing my seatbelt and jumping out of the car.

'I'll be here in 50.' He smirked, mocking exactly what he'd said at the country club.

I rolled my eyes, closing his car door and walking inside of my house. Nobody was home, I assumed they'd gone to the country club too, and so I headed upstairs to choose my outfit for the party.

I did my makeup before I even decided to look for my outfit. I was completely torn between two dresses, I understood that the party was at Kelce's house, and so I'd gone for more of a colourful look but I still had no idea what one to wear. I sighed, knowing texting him would completely boost his ego, but he was the only one who'd give me an honest opinion.

Me: Rafe, dress suggestions??

Rafe: I thought you'd never ask, hit me with them.

Me: