chapter 2

We're laid in bed, naked under the covers. I smile, biting my lip, looking at him. "You okay?" He smiles, kissing my cheek softly a couple of times. "Yes" I say.

He drapes his arm over my stomach. The door opens and Carolyn walks in. "Derek I need-" she stops as she sees us.

"We um.. I- I was just getting changed and I-I fell.. under the covers" I say. Derek chuckles. "Sure you were" she laughs.

"Well at least you're being safe" she rolls her eyes, looking at the box of condoms on the bedside table. I grin. She chuckles.

"Idiots" she grabs his laundry basket. She leaves. We both laugh. I push my face into his chest.

I pull away. We both grin. He kisses my head. "I love your mom" I say. "You're lucky she loves you too" he chuckles. I grin.

I sit up. He sighs, sitting up too. "I need you to drive me home" I get up. I put on my clothes. He gets up too, putting his on. He sits back down as I grab my stuff.

"Why do I need to drop you off? Can't you walk?" He grins. "Because you love me.. and like you'd let me walk home by myself anyway" I grin, rolling my eyes. He grins. I smile, kissing his lips. He chuckles softly.

Flashforward:

I just stand there, looking at his body laying on the hospital bed, the machines surrounding him. I walk over to him. We're alone now. Our parents are outside.

"Baby, wake up" tears stream down my face. I shake him gently. "Wake up, please wake up" I whisper.

"Mer" Mark walks in. I look behind me at cristina, izzie and Mark. "Mark, tell him to wake up.. its not funny.. tell him please" I say weakly. "I know, mer" he walks over.

"No, Mark.. please" I sob, pushing him away as he tries to hug me. "I know" he whispers, pulling me into his arms. My tears are soaking his shirt as I cry into his chest.

Cristina and izzie run over. All of them hug me tight, crying along with me.

Flashforward over:

We arrive at my house. "You coming in for a bit?" I ask. He nods. We get out of the car. I hold his hand.

I scream as I open the door and everyone jumps out. About half of our grade is here. "Suprise!" They all yell. I giggle.

"My birthday Isn't until next week" I giggle as derek kisses my neck, his arms wrapped around my waist from behind. "Yes, but your parents are out of town this week.. so deal with it" he shrugs. I laugh.

"Thankyou baby" I kiss him. He smiles. "Someone turn the music up!" He yells as we walk in. I giggle as the music starts blasting and everyone starts dancing.

----

I'm sat on his lap on the couch. "I'm gonna get a drink!" I say into his ear over the loud music. "No" he holds me down.

"Hey!" He yells. A guy looks at us. "Get my girl a drink, she's thirsty!" He says over the music. The guy walks away. He comes back with a drink for me. I thank him. I drink it.

I hold the cup to his lips. He smiles, taking a sip. I toss the cup aside. I kiss him.

I pull away slowly. We've both been drinking a bit but he's drank more. "Are you a little bit drunk baby?" I grin. He nods. I giggle.

"Can I use your boobies as pillows?" He pushes me back onto the couch. "Sure" I laugh as he pushes his face into them.

He gets up a little while later. "Come on!" He pulls me up. I giggle as he starts jumping up and down with the music. I dance with him.

I stop as I see people going upstairs. I run through everyone to the stairs. "No going upstairs!" I warn. They try to get past me but Derek stops them.

"She said no" he says. They roll their eyes, leaving. "I don't want people having sex in my bed" I say in his ear. He chuckles.

"Baby, just enjoy yourself" he leads me down the stairs. I smile, agreeing with him that I should. And we do. I have the best time.