4 - bayou doctor

| S01 E04 |

| S01 E04 |

Hayley sat on the couch, flipping through a book while she talked to Agnes. Over at the coffee table, Rebekah sat in between Leia's legs and typed on a laptop.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" Hayley exclaimed.

"You are overdue for a checkup." Agnes tried to convince her.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!" Hayley gestured around with her hands.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Rebekah commented slightly jealous making Leia kiss the top of Rebekah's head.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." Agnes told Hayley.

Hayley thought for a moment and rolled her eyes in reluctant agreement, "Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is."

Agnes and Hayley left the room.

Rebekah was looking at satellite photos of the French Quarter. Klaus walked in and laughed at her when he saw her, "Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in 'anonymous attic?'"

Klaus poured himself a scotch.

"Klaus." Leia shot him a look. Leia knew that Rebekah only wanted to find her brother.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah retorted.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." Klaus said to her.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin." Rebekah remembered.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely." Klaus smiled sarcastically, "Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

In return Rebekah smiled bitterly, "As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother."

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

Rebekah, still unimpressed, smiled tightly at her brother as he sipped his drink.

A priest is cleaning up a very run-down looking church when Rebekah and Leia entered and Rebekah started looking around. He briefly looked up at her before going back to what he was doing.

"Church is closed. If you want your horror fix, go take a ghost tour." The priest said.

"I don't much care for ghosts. I am, however, fascinated by window shutters. I've been on a town tour of them all day. I noticed the windows of your attic have shutters." Rebekah responded.

"Are you really interested in shutters?" He asked.

"I can assure you it's my current life obsession." Rebekah told him.

"What's your name?" Leia asked wanting to be polite.

"Father Kieran. And you are?" He questioned.

"I'm Leia and this is Rebekah." Leia answered honestly which surprised him, but he hummed in acknowledgment.

Father Kieran sighed deeply as Rebekah and Leia noticed a red stain on the nearby wall.

"What happened here?" Rebekah asked.

Kieran sighed again, "St. Ann's used to be the heart of the neighborhood. It's been abandoned for a while now— since the night of the massacre."

"Nine seminary students were killed... by one of their own. You're standing on blood." Kieran said to Rebekah.

"I'm not squeamish. Where's the attic?" Rebekah asked getting to the point.

"Like I said, the church is closed." Kieran said again making Rebekah move herself right in front of his face.

"Where is the attic?" Rebekah compelled him.

"Past the sacristy, up the stairs." He replied in monotone.

Rebekah smiled, "Thank you. Now, forget we were here." Rebekah with Leia walked away. After a moment, Father Kieran shook his head, as if shaking himself out of a daze.

They found the attic and Leia opened the door as Rebekah exclaimed, "I knew it!"

She tried to enter the room, but she was unable to cross the threshold, as though Davina has somehow magically revoked her invitation. Leia tried to get in and she could.

In the doorway, Rebekah looked over at her brother laying in his open coffin.

Leia looked confused as Rebekah was in some kinds of a daze and looking straight at Elijah and not moving.

"I swear." Rebekah muttered suddenly making Leia make way to her, "What happened?"

Rebekah looked at her, "Elijah spoke to me, he said that he had a plan with Davina and that we should protect Hayley, he made me swear."

Leia smiled softly at her, "You're okay?"

Rebekah smiled back, "I'm"

Leia was worried. Rebekah went to Bayou to help Hayley and Hayley neither her were home and she didn't answer her phone.

No one did and she was so worried.

She was sitting on the stairs as the door opened and Klaus walked in with Hayley in his arms with Rebekah following behind them.

Leia leaned into Rebekah's arms, "What the hell happened?"

Rebekah tightened the hold on Leia and Klaus walked away leaving them to connect and to put Hayley in her room.

Leia pulled back checking Rebekah over and seeing holes in her shirt making Rebekah chuckle. Rebekah placed her fingers under Leia's chin and pulled it up.

"I'm fine, darling." She smiled exhausted.

Leia sighed and hugged her again, "I was worried."

"Everything is fine." Rebekah muttered, nuzzling her head into Leia's shoulder as she took them both to their room.

Leia was relieved that she returned, she didn't know what she would do if one day she wouldn't come back.

— Leia, my love, will always be worried for her girlfriend and her family.